SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 10-12-10, 10:19 AM   #21
appollo1
Mega Poster

Default Re: help me go faster?

Is it really worth the misery and upset you will cause to your friends and family if you push yourself too much past your comfort zone just to try to beat your mate?

I am in no way a fast rider, in fact most of the time i am out on my bike i ride alone, but when with others i still go at my own pace and will occasionally push myself to keep up but always slow back down to what i feel safe with. I have been told by the better (more experienced) riders that i have been out with that i am a good rider but i think it is self belief that is stopping me. I know what i want to do but it never falls into place when i'm on the road.

I'd rather go out and return home to my family safely with my bike and me in one piece than push myself too much and not get home safely. imo

http://www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk/ everyone deserves a second chance

RIP Appollo miss you and will always love you x x x x
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 10:26 AM   #22
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by appollo1 View Post
Is it really worth the misery and upset you will cause to your friends and family if you push yourself too much past your comfort zone just to try to beat your mate?
He's on about trackdays, worst you're going to get is a broken collarbone and a bike you take home in a bin liner.

Go flat oot, it's why you're there...

Last edited by yorkie_chris; 10-12-10 at 10:28 AM.
yorkie_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 10:31 AM   #23
appollo1
Mega Poster

fair point

note to self....check what thread i'm in before commenting

http://www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk/ everyone deserves a second chance

RIP Appollo miss you and will always love you x x x x
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 10:35 AM   #24
AndyBrad

ok sorry guys i dont think your getting me here. im not intent on going out and racing or riding above and beond my abilities. I am after advice on to ways to improve. please dont get this confused with "im intent on racing my mate and winning at all costs" because thats not where im comming from.

please save me the lecture
Old 10-12-10, 10:48 AM   #25
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrad View Post
I am after advice on to ways to improve
Race school! Best advice you're going to get IMO.
Old 10-12-10, 10:55 AM   #26
AndyBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ralph- View Post
race school! Best advice you're going to get imo.

cool, must admit 5 mins talking to yc and berlin + some chap stiffening my suspension turned my day from "meh this is rubbish" to "wooooooohoooooo" can only dream of what a bit of track tuition would bring. Any recomendations? Cheaper the better btw
Old 10-12-10, 10:55 AM   #27
hardhat_harry

Go and do 4 days on a European Trackday in the Winter and get expert tuition....thats what Im doing.

Also slower bike works....first trackday I did was on a ZX6R and its scared the beejeezuz out of me. Went and got a ZXR400, much more fun now a SV650 trackbike which is just as much fun.

I did try a CBR600 between the ZXR and SV but didnt like it, thats now racing in Ireland
Old 10-12-10, 11:00 AM   #28
hardhat_harry

Hottrax did a very good race school dont know if its still going but it was £199 a cadwell for the day

Go to throttlemonkey website join and post regulary and you can get 10% off nolimits trackdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrad View Post
cool, must admit 5 mins talking to yc and berlin + some chap stiffening my suspension turned my day from "meh this is rubbish" to "wooooooohoooooo" can only dream of what a bit of track tuition would bring. Any recomendations? Cheaper the better btw
Old 10-12-10, 11:02 AM   #29
AndyBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat_harry View Post
go and do 4 days on a european trackday in the winter and get expert tuition....thats what im doing.

Also slower bike works....first trackday i did was on a zx6r and its scared the beejeezuz out of me. Went and got a zxr400, much more fun now a sv650 trackbike which is just as much fun.

I did try a cbr600 between the zxr and sv but didnt like it, thats now racing in ireland

not got that much brass im afraid, or holiday.
Old 10-12-10, 01:33 PM   #30
crisis95

The only way to guarantee you'll go faster is to replace your black boots with White ones. This is an immutable truth. I wouldn't joke about something as serious as this. Thank me later...