SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-03-19, 06:21 PM   #7121
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Had a headache from sinus pain most of the day, came home to this rancid smell of my vegetarian daughters Pad Thai cooking sauce, nearly made me vomit.
Suffered from sinus problems all my life, don't even use aircon in car on any journey over an hour because it drys my hooter out too much and then all hell can break loose up there. Best thing is drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated and get one of those 'Neil med' sinus rinse bottles with the buffered salt sachets.

you can get them from boots for about £20 but this is the cheapest I have seen - boil the water first and let it cool in a covered jug ( you do not want to squirt any nasty pathogens up your hooter) , then when you fill the bottle put it in microwave for 40 seconds to warm it up.

https://www.weldricks.co.uk/products...SABEgJr0fD_BwE

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 08-03-19 at 06:23 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 06:47 PM   #7122
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Suffered from sinus problems all my life, don't even use aircon in car on any journey over an hour because it drys my hooter out too much and then all hell can break loose up there. Best thing is drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated and get one of those 'Neil med' sinus rinse bottles with the buffered salt sachets.

you can get them from boots for about £20 but this is the cheapest I have seen - boil the water first and let it cool in a covered jug ( you do not want to squirt any nasty pathogens up your hooter) , then when you fill the bottle put it in microwave for 40 seconds to warm it up.

https://www.weldricks.co.uk/products...SABEgJr0fD_BwE
Yep I do all of the above, and I'm sure mine is triggered off by our office, either by the carpet or something else, as I'd had a day in the office and not outside. We don't have air con thank god, although the document store next to our office has a lot of venting and air movement, which is very similar to having air conditioning. Plus I'd not drunk much today either.

My wife has had sinus problems following a bad cold, but can I get her to rinse them out to relieve her symptoms? I know it's not pleasant, but I did mine when mine were bad after a cold, and they've been pretty clear lately.

She says it's like drowning!!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-19, 07:18 PM   #7123
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post

G2: I've ran out of JD, unexpectedly
The weather is beyond your control and I have sympathy but running out of drink.
Old 08-03-19, 11:34 PM   #7124
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I've had sinusitis a few times and the thing that worked best for me was applying hot then cold face cloths to increase blood flow to and away from my sinuses. Not fun and such a painful and debilitating thing considering how small sinuses are.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:04 PM   #7125
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I've had sinusitis a few times and the thing that worked best for me was applying hot then cold face cloths to increase blood flow to and away from my sinuses. Not fun and such a painful and debilitating thing considering how small sinuses are.
Big problem with sinuses is that some of them are awfully close to brain, and they are also ideal breeding areas for bugs - so in chronic cases infection can get close to or into brain. They do not have a real good blood supply so antibiotics have problem getting to the bugs. Also being at the top of the body any infection also tends to move downwards through throat, chest, stomach and so on so a bout of sinusitis can quickly turn very nasty and extremely debilitating.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:54 PM   #7126
Kenzie

Only trouble I have had with my sinus was when the dentist snapped a root during an extraction and pushed the stub into the sinus cavity. Had to have surgery to have it removed.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 03:10 PM   #7127
shiftin_gear98

Not that I know the family at all, but just found out one of the little girls in my sons class - he's 10.
Died over the weekend.

Sometimes something can put a lot of other things in perspective.
No idea how you deal with that.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 09:40 AM   #7128
Swin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Not that I know the family at all, but just found out one of the little girls in my sons class - he's 10.
Died over the weekend.

Sometimes something can put a lot of other things in perspective.
No idea how you deal with that.
That's awful, bad enough that a friend of mine has just found he's now terminally ill and has months left, at least he's nearly 60. Losing someone so young must really test your sanity, not sure I'd survive if I'd lost one of the kids at that age...
Old 12-03-19, 07:21 PM   #7129
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Bloody Ducati bolts!

Replacing the standard shock on my Multistrada with a Maxton unit, the original spring is too soft. The lower shock mount bolt is behind the wheel and deep into the single side swing arm. Steel bolt plus alloy swing arm = chemically welded in! And to top it, ducati use stupid strong threadloc as well.

Anyone got any oxy-acetalene I can use?

Oh yeah,

Hello! Long time no see!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 08:42 PM   #7130
maviczap
Mega Poster

Hi Pete!

The traditional curse of Italian motorcycles. Had the same with Moto Guzzi rocker covers
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote