SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-05-08, 07:47 PM   #1
Baph

Default Good times follow the bad...

OK, so as most folks know (as I posted about it), my TV recently managed to get FUBAR'd.

Yesterday, my washing manchine started making a grinding noise. Not good. Even worse was the biblical proportions of water coming out of it onto the floor.

Today, I wake up, and plan on attacking the washing machine with various tools, only to notice that the freezer light was flashing. Turned out that it'd somehow managed to open the door 'itself' last night. Non of the kids are admitting a thing. Hmm.

So hopefully that's my fill of bad luck.

I reset the freezer, threw out a load of food, sent the Mrs shopping (never a good idea, but it got her out from under my feet), and set about the washing machine with the various tools I had planned. The grinding noise, was due to the sock that it'd eaten. The flood, was because of a seal that the sock had broken. That'll be sorted tomorrow.

Just now, my boss has walked past, and dropped something on my desk. Payslip, with P60 and some other letter attached to it. Hmm.

The letter turns out that it's from the Tax Office, basically along the lines of "It appears that you've paid too much tax, here, have a cheque!"

Thank you very much Mr. Taxman, not sure why you elected to send it to work, but anyhow, that money will come in very nicely (but I have a feeling it's already been spent!!).

Life eh? I suppose if it wasn't challenging it wouldn't be fun.
Old 08-05-08, 08:04 PM   #2
CoolGirl

Default Re: Good times follow the bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
OK, so as most folks know (as I posted about it), my TV recently managed to get FUBAR'd.

Yesterday, my washing manchine started making a grinding noise. Not good. Even worse was the biblical proportions of water coming out of it onto the floor.

Today, I wake up, and plan on attacking the washing machine with various tools, only to notice that the freezer light was flashing. Turned out that it'd somehow managed to open the door 'itself' last night. Non of the kids are admitting a thing. Hmm.

So hopefully that's my fill of bad luck.

I reset the freezer, threw out a load of food, sent the Mrs shopping (never a good idea, but it got her out from under my feet), and set about the washing machine with the various tools I had planned. The grinding noise, was due to the sock that it'd eaten. The flood, was because of a seal that the sock had broken. That'll be sorted tomorrow.

Just now, my boss has walked past, and dropped something on my desk. Payslip, with P60 and some other letter attached to it. Hmm.

The letter turns out that it's from the Tax Office, basically along the lines of "It appears that you've paid too much tax, here, have a cheque!"

Thank you very much Mr. Taxman, not sure why you elected to send it to work, but anyhow, that money will come in very nicely (but I have a feeling it's already been spent!!).

just a regular day in Baphworld then?
Old 08-05-08, 08:44 PM   #3
blueto

buy a lottery ticket for friday! u never know baph
Old 08-05-08, 08:48 PM   #4
Girth
Mega Poster

Result in the end then!
Old 08-05-08, 09:12 PM   #5
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Shame that no-one ever gets out of it alive though.
Old 09-05-08, 07:42 AM   #6
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirl View Post
just a regular day in Baphworld then?
Baphworld is a great place, it always seems exciting. I think we should have AR09 there