SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-08-16, 10:54 AM   #1
Mrcurlywurly

Question Sv640s seat cowels.

Been trying to improve the rear end of a black 2008 sv650s to look a bit more sporty. Seen that removing the rear pegs and fitting a tail tidy will help, but a seat cowel sppears to be the way to go.
So I have been looking on ebay and around the net and they just don't seem to exist! Loads of posts from people trying to get their hands on them or infill plates to no avail. Even bike breakers don't appear to sell the cowel with the infill plates. I thought there would be loads knocking around from people wrecking there bikes. Seems the only way to go is spend 110 pounds to get a new one direct from suzuki.
Is there a site or something that sells them?
Even the for sale section on here doesn't appear to have any.
Old 19-08-16, 11:11 AM   #2
tom_e

Default Re: Sv640s seat cowels.

The official ones and infiils are rarer than rocking horse crap 2nd hand, if you really want one then you're going to have to buy new.

Although £110 isn't too bad considering any that do pop up 2nd hand come with a ridiculous price tag anyway.
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-16, 11:53 AM   #3
Cymraeg_Atodeg

I'm pretty sure I have a black one with infills in my garage. Bought it for my SV1000S and it has hardly been used.

http://forums.sv650.org/album.php?al...pictureid=5402

http://forums.sv650.org/album.php?al...pictureid=5401

These photos are from April 2011 and it hasn't been on the bike since I painted it black on 11th May 2011.

I'll get some photos if you want and we can work something out I am sure
Old 19-08-16, 01:10 PM   #4
aj76

They come up every now and again, your lucky if you can get it in the right colour though Black ones seem to be more common than some. There are plenty of cowls on ebay, regular its the infills that are like hens teeth. There was a black cowl only for about £25 the other day, same seller had a couple of Blue ones too so must get them from a breaker or something as soon as they come up
aj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-16, 01:24 PM   #5
tom_e

It's strange that the infills are so rare as they come as a set if you buy the official suzuki cowl and you'd think that out of the infills and the cowl it would be the cowl that would end up damaged and unsellable out of the 2.
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-16, 01:29 PM   #6
aj76

It is strange, I was doing some tinkering the other week and then i removed the seat and was having a nose around I found the 2 infill panels taped together. Didn't get the cowl with the bike from the dealer and no bracket just the tiny panels. Mines euclase silver and only seen one up for sale in that colour and the guy wanted 100 quid for it second hand. That said I have seen a few bikes with the rear seat and no grab handle so maybe some people get rid of the cowls on their own and keep the infills for some reason

Ususally in good condition they appear on here for 40 - 50 quid complete but you may need to spray it the right colour
aj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-16, 01:56 PM   #7
bristolboy

I've just managed to score some but in the wrong colour so have to repaint them . I got them buy looking at bikes on eBay and asking if people would sell separately . Only took a few messages to sort
Old 19-08-16, 08:49 PM   #8
Mrcurlywurly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymraeg_Atodeg View Post
I'm pretty sure I have a black one with infills in my garage. Bought it for my SV1000S and it has hardly been used.

http://forums.sv650.org/album.php?al...pictureid=5402

http://forums.sv650.org/album.php?al...pictureid=5401

These photos are from April 2011 and it hasn't been on the bike since I painted it black on 11th May 2011.

I'll get some photos if you want and we can work something out I am sure
Thank you for your reply. If I could purchase them off you, that would be great!
Drop me a message if you find you do still have it please.
Old 19-08-16, 08:56 PM   #9
Mrcurlywurly

Ooops, meant to reply to you rather than quote
Old 19-08-16, 10:13 PM   #10
Cymraeg_Atodeg

I'm in the garage Sunday working on one of my other bikes, I'll look for it then and send you the photos via PM on here