SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - Other Bikes and General biking items For other bikes, clothing, helmets etc. Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat. Anything not relevant to motorcycling will be moved to Idle Banter

Old 01-05-16, 11:35 AM   #1
joshmac

Thumbs up 2005 Yamaha YZF R6 Raven Edition. LOW MILEAGE - 10K - Great condition, fresh service and MOT

Hi guys 'n' girls. I haven't been on here for a few years, most of you probably won't remember me. I'm selling my R6 as I've lost the bike bug a bit with it moving across to cars, so worth a look for anyone wanting to upgrade

Description:

Up for sale is my 2005 Yamaha R6 Raven edition, which is in fantastic condition for its age. It has always been garaged when not being used.

The bike is a lovely, low mileage example with only 10,284 miles on the clock!

It has just been serviced by Stewart's Motorcycles in Sunbury, including new brake fluid and cleaning the calipers) and brand new battery fitted.
I would highly recommend Stewart's services to anyone. Really knows his stuff and service is second to none without ripping you off. - stewarts-motorcycles.co.uk

Full year's MOT, which it flew straight through with no advisories.

Runs perfectly with no issues whatsoever. Always starts first time and goes very well.

Michelin Pilot Sport tyres with loads of tread front and rear. Great tyres in wet and dry and I found they give a lot of feedback which is good to have

It has a few subtle modifications which complement the bike really well;

- Blueflame carbon fibre slip-on exhaust with removable baffles (currently fitted). Nice tone and not overly loud
- Yamaha racing tinted double bubble screen
- Genuine colour coded seat cowl
- Carbon fibre rear fender/hugger
- Xenon HID headlight kit. Nice crisp and very bright white light makes a massive difference to visibility when riding at night. Beam pattern is correctly aligned and they have never caused any issues with MOT or police at all.
- R&G Crash bungs
- Paddock stand bobbins

There are a few minor marks on the bike, as shown in the photos, but they never bothered me when when I was buying and it still really catches the eye.

I also have an Abba stand and paddock stands available separately (buyer will have first refusal).

The bike is currently SORN so would need taxing and insuring before riding and any test ride would require the full asking price £3150 cash in my hand beforehand, with the agreement that if anything happens to the bike at all, you keep the bike and I keep the money.

The reason for sale is that I haven't ridden for a while now and it's just not getting the use it deserves. I would much rather someone got the chance to enjoy it, especially now coming into the ideal time for riding with the nicer weather we have been having.

My passion has moved across to cars since I got something with a bit of go to it. I got my Fiesta ST fairly standard and have been through various states of tune with it currently supercharged and running 286bhp and 140lbft. I am planning to have it rebuilt with forged internals, higher lift cams and more boost to push to 320+, and the bike going to a new home will allow me to do this.

Cash on collection.

Viewings welcome and I'm sure the first genuine buyer to see it will buy.
Evenings only during the week or anytime weekends.

No time-wasters please.

Located near Guildford, Surrey.
Also advertised elsewhere for £3150 ono.

If you have any questions or would like to arrange a viewing, please give me a call on 07841 778473 (Josh)

P.S. - sorry for the size of the photos!

Last edited by joshmac; 01-05-16 at 11:44 AM.