SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-10-09, 07:12 PM   #1
blueto

Default Assess my riding

Id pretty much say im a horendous rider on the road. i cant go round corners correctly and seem to take the wrong lines all the time.

How would soemone feel about follwoing me for a couple of miles, then ripping me up for asse paper and point out all the rubbish and unsafe things i do whilst im thinking i was superb.

in return i will buy someone a nice pub lunch! just want to know how bad i really am!

its more to understand how i can make myself a bit safer riding really as i have had to many near misses

(it will have to be on a dry day tho as my bike is a bit like the wicked witch of the west)
Old 17-10-09, 07:13 PM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: Assess my riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueto View Post
Id pretty much say im a horendous rider on the road. i cant go round corners correctly and seem to take the wrong lines all the time.

How would soemone feel about follwoing me for a couple of miles, then ripping me up for asse paper and point out all the rubbish and unsafe things i do whilst im thinking i was superb.

in return i will buy someone a nice pub lunch! just want to know how bad i really am!

its more to understand how i can make myself a bit safer riding really as i have had to many near misses

(it will have to be on a dry day tho as my bike is a bit like the wicked witch of the west)

Why dont you go on a Police Bike safe day ?? Just a thought .. if not come over to mine and I will get my Police bike buddy off duty to follow us both. I need him to come out with me to give me a few pointers
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-09, 07:15 PM   #3
blueto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Why dont you go on a Police Bike safe day ?? Just a thought .. if not come over to mine and I will get my Police bike buddy off duty to follow us both. I need him to come out with me to give me a few pointers
thats an idea!! I think he may want to take my licence away after tho LOL
Old 17-10-09, 07:15 PM   #4
Amanda

Quote:

I could always come out with the other half. He has been riding for years and will be able to give you a good assessment.
Old 17-10-09, 07:15 PM   #5
RichT

Quote:

I'll give you some constructive criticism if you want....

Traffic filled roads or country?

Last edited by RichT; 17-10-09 at 07:16 PM.
Old 17-10-09, 07:15 PM   #6
blueto

do they do poilce bike safe days down here then? never seen anything advertisd
Old 17-10-09, 07:16 PM   #7
blueto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
I'll give you some constructive criticism if you want....

Traffic filled roads or country?
all really...
Old 17-10-09, 07:21 PM   #8
RichT

When would you like to go out?

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

I don't think the Hampshire lot are doing anymore courses this year tho. Might be worth a call.
Old 17-10-09, 07:22 PM   #9
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
thats an idea!! I think he may want to take my licence away after tho LOL

No he is a cool guy he wouldnt ... he is like me off duty, you wouldnt think he was a Rozza
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-09, 07:25 PM   #10
appollo1
Mega Poster

why not get in touch with your local IAM and speak to them about doing a course.

http://www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk/ everyone deserves a second chance

RIP Appollo miss you and will always love you x x x x
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote