SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-05, 07:36 PM   #41
didge

lol i think he gets the pic now poor sod every one ganging up on him

Old 05-07-05, 07:47 PM   #42
northwind
Mega Poster

It's only a matter of time before I get caught, and knowing my luck probably caught quite badly... And when I do I'll probably look to find any way of getting out of it and then if that doesn't work, accept it, like GYKD seems to be doing. I don't really agree with his complaints but I think if you put yourself in his place most of us would have a bit of a grumble... If he's still doing it in a month then we'll have to chuck him off a bridge or something, though
But we're oh so easily swayed"
Old 05-07-05, 08:03 PM   #43
CoolGirl

having said that, tho, I've lost my license for an entirely different reason which was unpreventable. I've had to give up a big part of my life and something I love through no fault of my own. Both GYKD and I are die-hard bikers so I am symapthetic, but he had a choice and I don't. I'm not bitter, just disappointed and sad. I suppose what I'm saying is don't abuse it because you'll damn well ache for it if it's taken away from you.

(we're talking about him like he's not here - hope you're OK mate)

Old 05-07-05, 08:45 PM   #44
splke

Forgive me if i am wrong...

But I smell Bull****, always do when i read some of your ramblings.

Sorry but that's how I perceive you lad.
Old 05-07-05, 09:25 PM   #45
DeeJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
I'm not against you in any way. We all break the speed limit at some . What it reads like to me is that you deserve every point and the ban before you kill yourself or somebody else.

I ride commited but i've by no means got 11 points on my licence. I think it's ridiculous that you carried on speeding at that point.

Good luck anyway.
Sorry GYKD, but i have to agree, i have nothing against you, but to run wa very silly indeed. Also to speed is very silly on 11 points, but it's your licence, so as you please.

I don't agree that it is possible to be very fast and yet entirely safe (not on our roads anyway), if your an adrenilin junkie then you should have used the race track for your thrills.

As i say, i have nothing against you, and i am not being nasty in any way, but nor am i being all nicey nicey about it either. You ran from the police and you have been caught numerous times, maybe the ban may do you good to think about how you ride.

And sorry Burner, but to say that everyone should run from the police once is the stupidest comment i think i have ever heard....

Old 05-07-05, 09:35 PM   #46

Hold the bloody phone here u lot!!!!!!!

He who with out sin cast the first stone,

I remember gykd's post about the previous points and it was mainly **** luck..simmillar to my recent licence denting....

Decision to speed mixed with lapse in concentration.. in his case trying to pull a mobile phone from below his pedals.......hmm that to me sounds like a bloody safe thing to do... doesnt it???

in my opinion although i dont agree with his latest actions and i wouldnt choos to do that... he knows it was technically a daft decission to make, trying to out run them...and hes appolagised.... and y shouldnd he try to get off of it,... wouldnt you.....????

after all he is technically correct......... the gun is accurate up to 1000 feet so y shouldnt he try to get of if they state they cought him up to 1050???

And finally the only difference between gykd and any of us is he has been cought.......

i am fed up of hearing .... oh i do 110 or iv had 120.... sod that, all of us who break the speed limit deserve to be fined.... and again, the only difference between him and us is he has been cought too many times....

So please..... all of u who are being high and mighty.. get of ur soap boxes.... u have no right being there....

gykd, sorry to hear about this.... i hope it all works out acceptaby for u in the end...

Regards

Alex

Old 05-07-05, 10:00 PM   #47
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

getting caught once is unlucky getting caught twice is stupid, third and forth times whats that???

Still not got a ladder!!!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
Old 05-07-05, 10:15 PM   #48
OF.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
If he's still doing it in a month then we'll have to chuck him off a bridge or something, though
But not Devil's Bridge, he'll not be going there for a while

Old 05-07-05, 11:47 PM   #49
sv4me
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF.uk
Quote:
If he's still doing it in a month then we'll have to chuck him off a bridge or something, though

Alex I can understand where youre coming from but fact of the matter is, GYKD speeds too often. He was stupid to run from the cops and should consider himself lucky hes not in prison getting up close and personal with Mr Big

If you get caught doing a stupid speed then no matter of ****ing and moaning will get you out of it. The police do have a job to do you know. And this is coming from a well known cop hater :P

If I get caught for speeding,which thank god ive not....yet! as much as I dont like it if ive broken the law ill have to accept it

And to still complain when youve run from the cops,well theres a word for people like that but im not going to say it
Old 06-07-05, 06:45 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by OF.uk
Quote:

Alex I can understand where youre coming from but fact of the matter is, GYKD speeds too often. He was stupid to run from the cops and should consider himself lucky hes not in prison getting up close and personal with Mr Big

If you get caught doing a stupid speed then no matter of p*ssing and moaning will get you out of it. The police do have a job to do you know. And this is coming from a well known cop hater :P

If I get caught for speeding,which thank god ive not....yet! as much as I dont like it if ive broken the law ill have to accept it

And to still complain when youve run from the cops,well theres a word for people like that but im not going to say it
I fully agree with you that if he hadnt done anything wrong he wouldnt be being prosecuted, and i dont believe that what he did was big or clever....

getting caught speeding is unlucky.... no matter how many times u get cought,

my point was really, if you speed, dont tell somone else of for speeding... after all your just as much risk of being cought...

yes gykd might well be a serial speeder, but effectivly so am i, every morning i do 75 on the motorway... so just like gykd i Could effectivly if i was unlucky enough to loose my licence in four commutes????

but like i said, i do not condone speeding and in this case the points system has cliamed another licence.... fair on unfair is not for me or any of us to decide....

Alex

Closed Thread