SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-08-08, 07:38 PM   #1
mikey devon

Default rough running ?

any one had this.. between 3000 n 4000 ish revs just the rev range in slow town traffic just as power is being applied not on over run bike feels almost as if its slightly holding back a bit like if it had a choke and was pulled out when hot 2008 sv 650 or are they all like it many thanks..

Last edited by mikey devon; 05-09-08 at 08:26 PM.
Old 29-08-08, 08:36 PM   #2
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Default Re: rough running ?

Many bikes have a power dip engineered in at about 5000 rpm.This to help them meet noise regulations.Could it be that?
Old 29-08-08, 08:43 PM   #3
BBadger

1st gear??
as it drops off abit after 3000-4000 unless you get your engine spinning.
Old 29-08-08, 08:54 PM   #4
mikey devon

no 1st 2nd just as you apply throttle as you increase it smooths out
Old 29-08-08, 09:02 PM   #5
BBadger

i think thats just the engine then..... v twin likes low down and abit up high.
1st is very snatchy, lots of power or lots of engine breaking if you dont slip the clutch.

Maybe you should try slipping it abit but more revs, pull it in just to the top of bite point, it might help.

cant prommis anything though except ride lots and learn the bike, ull always find something new.
Old 29-08-08, 09:06 PM   #6
mikey devon

ok will give that a go b4 i go back 2 dealer many thanks
Old 29-08-08, 09:14 PM   #7
BBadger

If you wate a while some one may be along to help with more technical side of stuff.
But its just the bike me thinks.

try find some one to drive with or a meet then you should get a nicer feel.
If your not happy then consult your dealer.... but i would recomend trying more of a local shop, the juck filled ones who are owned by some one who wants to help you and not charge you for pointless tests.
Old 12-10-08, 06:39 PM   #8
mikey devon

ref TRE mod bike runs fine when cold but when hot approx 4000 revs in 1st 4 gears when throttling back motor sounds like if it had a choke it was applied any ideas thanks
Old 18-02-09, 08:52 AM   #9
Dave Bullet

I've noticed the same thing on my K3 (only 4,300 miles on it). It has a Two brothers exhaust, otherwise stock.

Above 4,000rpm the bike runs smooth, but under 4,000rpm, you can actually feel the bike twitch forward and backward, like its a timing or fueling issue.... as the previous poster says... like the choke has been left on (or like a lack of fuel delivery).

Could it be a TPS adjustment that's needed? - ensuring enough fuel is being delivered at lower revs? (as posted elsewhere on this site?)
Old 12-03-09, 09:23 PM   #10
mustnt grumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bullet View Post
I've noticed the same thing on my K3 (only 4,300 miles on it). It has a Two brothers exhaust, otherwise stock.

Above 4,000rpm the bike runs smooth, but under 4,000rpm, you can actually feel the bike twitch forward and backward, like its a timing or fueling issue.... as the previous poster says... like the choke has been left on (or like a lack of fuel delivery).

Could it be a TPS adjustment that's needed? - ensuring enough fuel is being delivered at lower revs? (as posted elsewhere on this site?)
I've had my K8 Sport for about 5 months and it's always felt fairly snatchy at low revs-almost as if there's too much engine braking. It seems worse some days for some reason-I even check to see if the brakes are binding, but it's just my imagination. I've read that V twins and fuel injection don't really get on.

What really winds me up about mine is a very annoying rattle/buzz which I'm convinced comes from the oil cooler cover, but which I simply can't get rid of.