SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-01-09, 03:27 PM   #91
pencil shavings

Default Re: Football banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv-robo View Post
me neither......but i do have setanta
All beered up & ready for the Liverpoolv Everton game.
same here!

but I have to do some more work on my essay now, so I will only watch it if its as good as the spurs pompy game the other week. cracking end to end stuff.
Old 25-01-09, 07:17 PM   #92
hovis

woo

arsenal here we come

then when we knock you out, we have a easy/crap draw.

cardiff city in the final 2 years in a row,

although im more intrested in promotion, so we can beat the gooners in the league, as well as the cup. and the mancs, chelski etc etc
Old 28-01-09, 08:20 PM   #93
hovis

yay

cardiff 1 coventry 0

33mins
Old 28-01-09, 09:07 PM   #94
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
yay

cardiff 1 coventry 0

33mins
haha

2-0 now
Old 28-01-09, 09:51 PM   #95
pencil shavings

1-0
Old 28-01-09, 09:55 PM   #96
pencil shavings

wooo 1-1

but we are still poor!!
Old 29-01-09, 11:29 AM   #97
keithd

'Arry Redknapp Makes Lunch

I'll never understand women. Some of them don't even bother with the golf.
I've got up this morning and her indoors has left a note saying she's gone up the shops and I'd better have made the lunch by the time she gets back or else. She says she wants spaghetti bolognaise.
Opened up the fridge. Jesus Christ, have you seen what she's left me with? I'm down to the bare bones and no mistake.
There's spaghetti, a tub of pasta sauce, some minced beef, fresh herbs, some parmesan cheese, a bottle of Baron Philippe de Rothschild Opus One Napa Valley 1987 red wine and Claudia Roden's 'Simple Mediterranean Cookery' book! Bloody amateur hour, I'm telling you. How the hell am I supposed to make spaghetti bolognaise with that little lot? I thought there'd be some top, top ingredients in there.
Whoever's bought that from the supermarket should be ashamed of themself. It's a mish-mash of lopsided ingredients. The whole recipe has been badly constructed. It's scary, I'm telling you.
I'm just standing there swearing and muttering to me self when the phone rings. It's Jeff Powell phoning up to say how brilliant I am and that I'm one of the best cooks of my time and that I could have cooked for England. I have to cut him off though because I've got Brian Woolnough on the other line saying I'm one of the kitchen's great characters and it's a bloody miracle how many meals I've made out of literally nothing. They're saying I'm like a Cockney Jesus, the way I've managed to feed the five thousand with the tiny amount I've had to spend in the supermarket and just my wheeler-dealer know-how.
I need some better ingredients and fast. It's a hard job I've got on here this lunchtime believe me. If I can even get anything into a pan it'll be a massive achievement and I know Jeff and Woolly would agree with me. Trouble is the wife can't take criticism. Too precious these days, women. That's the trouble. I'm short of people with the right character in this house.
When you're as stretched as I am, a lunch is a massive distraction from the really important meal: dinner. I think I'm just going to have to serve up the pot of pasta sauce with some tap water and just hope for the best. If I can pull this mess round it'll be a miracle.
Old 29-01-09, 11:37 AM   #98
pencil shavings

haha, Keith d, that is very funny!!
Old 29-01-09, 12:23 PM   #99
Odin

I watch football but what I see when Newcastle plays is far....far from football.
Old 29-01-09, 12:34 PM   #100
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
I watch football but what I see when Newcastle plays is far....far from football.
finally the gordies realise they cant play football