SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-02-10, 11:33 PM   #1
Bluefish

Default Test Ride

Today i have mainly been riding a Suzuki Bandit 1250gt, however was not that impressed, the engine was lovely and smooth, but i did not like the bars at all it was a great seating position and nice comfy reach to the bars but, going round corners/ r/bouts was really weird and it did not really drop into the corners. I guess you would get used to it but it was not exactly inspiring, i didn't no weather to steer or counter steer, it really was a noticeable difference between them, still was not sold on the styling so the Bandit is not for me.
However hopefully tomorrow i/we will be trying something else .
Old 27-02-10, 11:38 PM   #2
zsv650

Default Re: Test Ride

pair of renthals sort that out.
Old 27-02-10, 11:48 PM   #3
rictus01
Mega Poster

takes more than a pair of renthals to sort the mediocre suspension though......
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-10, 12:06 AM   #4
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
takes more than a pair of renthals to sort the mediocre suspension though......
I am used to riding a sv though
Old 28-02-10, 12:07 AM   #5
rictus01
Mega Poster

this is true, one of the downsides of geting used to decent stuff is you just can't go back .
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 28-02-10, 12:32 AM   #6
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
this is true, one of the downsides of getting used to decent stuff is you just can't go back .
Hi rictus, yes i guess once you have had decent suspension you can't go back to basic suspension, however the salesman was trying to flog us a new bandit as you pay a lot less interest on new compared to 2nd hand, saying that on a used bike the interest was only 7%apr pretty good compared to the 16% on my sv. we will see but my next bike may not be a Suzuki, haha whose is.
Old 28-02-10, 12:40 AM   #7
rictus01
Mega Poster

I had a 1250 for 7 weeks (loan bike), the styling was neither good or bad to be honest, engine was quietly a bit of a gem, but every bump I knew it could be handled better. I just couldn't forgive that, likewise when I was looking around for a middle weight bike they all come with a basic setup, so ended up with the triumph SPEED 4 as it has decent suspension factory fitted.

I've never done finance on a bike, I just don't like riding what I consider someone else's bike, but that's just me, I'd rather ride a old nail knowing it was totally mine than something a bit more flash, of course that's easy for me to say now as I have a few wonderful bikes currently, but a history of machines going back 35 years shows so really cheap battered bikes in the line up, I think although we'd all love the latest and best, enjoying the ride is what counts and you need really very little to do that.

Cheers Mark.

Last edited by rictus01; 28-02-10 at 12:48 AM.
Old 28-02-10, 02:05 AM   #8
ThEGr33k

Id imagine that immense weight cannot help things. 250+KG wet?
Old 28-02-10, 04:13 AM   #9
rictus01
Mega Poster

Oh it carries the weight quiet well actually pretty low down, not really an issue until under 10 mph really.

Cheers Mark.
Old 28-02-10, 09:53 PM   #10
Bluefish

Well today i have mainly been test riding a Triumph 1050 Sprint ST, lovely, that is all.

Last edited by Bluefish; 28-02-10 at 09:54 PM.