SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-06-05, 03:53 AM   #1
HKP

Default Counting my luck after crash

The fact that I am writing this today is a testament to R&G's, Sidi and a whole lot of good luck.
Was riding to work in Tamworth on Tuesday when a Volvo T-boned me on the left hand side on a roundabout (He pulled out and hit my left side square on). Some how managed to keep the bike upright and pulled to a controlled stop. Then the pain hit Felt like someone had ripped my foot off. Hobbled off bike and looked around for the offending vehicle.
B@st@rd had driven off.
Too much pain from then onwards, don't remember too much. Witnesses got the license plate and the Police got him later that day.
Incredibley I only sustained a dislocated foot (and lots of swelling). Leg in plaster, feel like a right spaz.....
Bike damage included cracked and scuffed lower fairing, broken gear level and foot peg, damage to the frame, dented hugger, damaged R & G and bent pillion peg. Left Sidi has got a nice dent in it too.
I think that the R&G took a lot of the impact and the Sidi protected my foot. Well worth all the money spent on good equipment I think. Can't sleep properly thats how come I am writing this at 4 in the morning. Therapy maybe?
Don't know if I will ever ride again. Too soon and to raw to decide just yet.
Anyway, thought I would let everyone know that having the right gear (clothing and bike protection) can and does make a difference in an accident.
Old 10-06-05, 04:30 AM   #2
kingnothing

dang! Glad to hear you're alive! Hope the legs heals up quickly. Damaged frame, eh? That's gonna get you a new bike. Always look on the bright side of life.
Old 10-06-05, 05:15 AM   #3
afterburner

Hey, glad to hear your ok. Could have been a lot worse. Hope you get better soon.
Old 10-06-05, 06:43 AM   #4
jonboy

Well it certainly could have been a lot worse but even so I'm sorry you're suffering. As for the driver, well what can I say? Hope they throw the book at him for driving off, what a b@stard.

It's quite natural after an accident to ask yourself if you'll ride again and the chances are very high that you will as your attitude changes and you remember the reasons why you rode a bike in the first place.

Heal fast .

Old 10-06-05, 06:45 AM   #5
Mogs

Leaving the scene on the accident, naughty naughty, pleased they got him - now make him pay.

Glad your okay (mendable).
Old 10-06-05, 07:14 AM   #6
lynw

lack of sleep sounds about right a couple of days after something like that due to the amount of adrenalin that goes through your system.

will ease soon. but glad youre otherwise ok and glad they caught the driver. hope they throw the book at him.

lyn
Old 10-06-05, 07:14 AM   #7
diamond

What a B*stard.

Hope you heal quickly
Old 10-06-05, 07:20 AM   #8
bluebell

Sorry to hear this and i hope your make a full recovery.
Old 10-06-05, 07:26 AM   #9
TC3

Sorry to hear about your accident but it is good to hear the wan-er who drove off has been caught. I was all set on spending good money on leathers and a new helmet once i pass but after reading this i think i may well invest more in boots then i was intending to!
Old 10-06-05, 07:28 AM   #10
wheelnut

Hard luck, hope you are ok and get back on the bike!

I was in Tamworth on tuesday, and just thought how crap the drivers were, if they werent trying to race me through the streets, they were just totally unaware of their surroundings :P

I know its not just Tamworth though.

You can sit at home and decide what your new bike will be