SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 08-09-05, 09:11 AM   #1
macdo

Default first service

My new sv is going for its first service tomorrow. which I got free witrh the purchase. But when I say free I mean the Labour is free not the consumables.
Should there be any particular oil and oil filter I should have, or should I just let ESB put in there standard stuff.
Also I booked the first service the same day I picked it up but there was a 2 week waiting list, the service manual states that it should be carried out after 600 miles, but I have done 1000 miles.
will this affect My warrantee?
Old 08-09-05, 09:57 AM   #2
Cloggsy

Default Re: first service

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdo
the service manual states that it should be carried out after 600 miles, but I have done 1000 miles.
My dealer told me it should be done at 600 miles, but no more than 700

Quote:
I wouldn't like to say

Ask the shop if they'll write a lower mileage down on the service record for you Say you couldn't get the bike booked in until now, maybe they won't remember
Old 08-09-05, 02:38 PM   #3
The Basket

My first service is next week...465 miles and counting...Suzuki can use this in evidence against you if they wish...don't mention anything and let them see. Just tell them the mileage and they might not try and find out for themselves
Old 08-09-05, 07:12 PM   #4
El Saxo

Default Re: first service

Quote:
My new sv is going for its first service tomorrow. which I got free witrh the purchase. But when I say free I mean the Labour is free not the consumables.
Should there be any particular oil and oil filter I should have, or should I just let ESB put in there standard stuff.
Also I booked the first service the same day I picked it up but there was a 2 week waiting list, the service manual states that it should be carried out after 600 miles, but I have done 1000 miles.
I've just booked mine with ESB as well.

I assume that as the bike is under warranty, they are obliged to use parts (i.e. filter) that comply with the warranty anyway. I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. Good to meet you at rivvy on sunday mate (think it was you - black sk5?)
Old 08-09-05, 10:59 PM   #5
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

as long as the dealer stamps the log book on you servive then you'll be okay...(me hope's)
ask them, there and then on the stop ... as you tryed to book it in pre milage and all in good time, but they were too busy, so I think you'll be okay...
Old 09-09-05, 06:45 AM   #6
Bluepete
Mega Poster

I have just had my first service at ESB, 726 miles is no prob according to them, the service was good, quick, and they let me leave all my riding gear there whilst I went into town.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote