SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-02-10, 08:44 PM   #31
stratman_001

Default Re: Hydraulic clutch conversion

Hi SVdemon when i was researching for mine i came across this link from a member called Dieter (see below) who has done this and put up some pictures hopefully this will be of help to you . Im doing this for many reasons, mainly because its something that not many people have done and it interests me to attempt it but also i do over 100 miles a day all through the year on my bike and inevitably water and crap get in the clutch cable, i do change it every year and weekly oil the inside of the cable with ATF but a hydraulic clutch would hopefully mean less maintenance for me to do.
http://www.arcor.de/palb/album_popup...Infos=0&stop=0
Chris.B
Old 25-02-10, 04:56 AM   #32
ixlr8

Default Re: Hydraulic clutch conversion?

The OEM clutch should be as light as a feather if the cable, lifter and pivot are good, and horrible if any of those aren't.
ixlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-10, 07:39 AM   #33
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Hydraulic clutch conversion?

A tell-ale sign the clutch cable is nearing the end of its life is a "notchy" feel to the operation; if you operate the lever slowly, and it feels like its sticking then letting go and sticking more, lubricate the cable. This may cure the symptoms temporarily, so if you are in this situation consider a new clutch cable