SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-07-05, 10:41 PM   #11
OF.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
the smartass in the smart car made a mistake......hopefully he will learn something from it....yes it could have been nasty but it wasnt so leave him be "covering smart car with blanket"
It was you wasn't it
Old 04-07-05, 11:14 PM   #12
Warren

ok so he made a mistake.

when i first got my big bike. . . i too made loads of mistakes, but i learned from them.

id just thank your lucky stars that no one was hurt.

incase you cant tell . . .im in a forgiving mood
Old 05-07-05, 09:46 AM   #13
will

wow . lucky escape all round. scary sh*t, especially in the wet with other traffic around you. well done for keeping your composure!

reminds me of the guy i sold a car to some years ago. he'd just passed his test and managed to spin the car on the M40, went up the embankment, then hit the central reservation and wrote it off before he got it home. did not hit anyone else amazingly.
Old 06-07-05, 01:27 PM   #14
tomjones2

Quote:
Originally Posted by didge
make a big key mark along side it is the best thing to do in that situation :P
i think that smart cars are made of plastic and dont scratch sorry, apparently they can be turned over really easy as max biaggi found out when two unamed texans (ones a GP racer) got hold of his one

i used to drive one for pizza hut and although its no excuse for the this guys awfull driving smart cars have the worse handeling of any car i have ever driven.
They have this silly gear box that takes about 10 seconds to down shift, they understeer like you would not belive. also have traction control (which hardley works) and NO abs, the best bit is the CD player and turning one round in a stupidly small space.
Old 09-07-05, 02:13 PM   #15
wheelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones2
Quote:
i think that smart cars are made of plastic and dont scratch sorry, apparently they can be turned over really easy as max biaggi found out when two unamed texans (ones a GP racer) got hold of his one

i used to drive one for pizza hut and although its no excuse for the this guys awfull driving smart cars have the worse handeling of any car i have ever driven.
They have this silly gear box that takes about 10 seconds to down shift, they understeer like you would not belive. also have traction control (which hardley works) and NO abs, the best bit is the CD player and turning one round in a stupidly small space.
I was at Brands Hatch last year delivering cars to a Hooray Henry corporate event. Dont knock those smart cars, they set the fastest lap times in their class, I had one as a company car and they will stick to the roads well. It is more the case that you have come across another crap driver.

I saw another wet weather hero in Birmingham on Monday. A new Mitsubishi Animal type of pick up, a wet roundabout, a silly driver and a very bent lampost
Old 10-07-05, 08:49 AM   #16
tomjones2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
Quote:
Quote:

I was at Brands Hatch last year delivering cars to a Hooray Henry corporate event. Dont knock those smart cars, they set the fastest lap times in their class, I had one as a company car and they will stick to the roads well. It is more the case that you have come across another crap driver.

I saw another wet weather hero in Birmingham on Monday. A new Mitsubishi Animal type of pick up, a wet roundabout, a silly driver and a very bent lampost
still not sure about the smart cars more than 10 people drove the one at work (including other bikers) and everyone was saying bad things about it, it was the very basic one with very skinny front tires, someone else had a soft top with the autogear box that was a better

just out of intrest what other cars are in the smart car class? if they were beathing fiestas etc i would be impressed, were they racing they brabham engined version?

as for wet roundabout hero's, newly rented van's seem to be the vechicle of choice for getting it wrong at the moment around here. I saw the classic going in too quick realising its not a car understeer into the high banked roundabout and roll the van over, nobody hurt but a very stupid looking driver when the police turned up. The look on his face when he realised that he has to pay for the road signs as well
Old 10-07-05, 06:30 PM   #17
wheelnut

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
Quote:
Quote:

just out of intrest what other cars are in the smart car class? if they were beathing fiestas etc i would be impressed, were they racing they brabham engined version?

Do you mean Brabus? The Smart car was up against Citreon C3 and Peugeots. 1 litre cars and the like. It couldnt keep up with AM Vanquishes obviously :P

If you drive then in manual mode they will catch things. I love them
Old 11-07-05, 02:53 AM   #18
Shooter

OK I give up.. wtf is a smart car ?

Picture Please.