SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-01-07, 01:14 AM   #1
Spider

Default Ally Pally?

So did anyone go? I did and got a few things to say. Please bare with me, it`s late, been working my ar&e off for ...... forever and just opened my second bottle of wine (don`t laugh i like the odd bottle!) Anyway went to the Superbike Ally Pally show n it was quite good, got fed up of all the scantily clad women getting in the way of all the stuff i wanted to see but i got over it!

Had a chat with our friends in blue and spoke about exhausts/number plates, yes i know there`s already a thread, anyway was told what i already suspected. Most likely reason for a pull is a dodgey number plate and the met police don`t have a decible meter . On this forum was told 87 decibles @ 4500rpm legal limit, mine 87 decibles @ idle

His advice, dip clutch or knock it up a couple of gears when u go past any boys in blue. My plate is legal size just well tucked away hope that helps.

The other thing is i desperately needed a new lid, 25mph, diesel, you get the idea

So bought a Shark S500 AIR, good looking lid, comfy, a little noisey but gold rated, £90, bargin? (fiances are tight) A worrying thing happened. While transversing my private test track ahem M4 ahem, 124, life saver to the left, VISOR FLIPPED OPEN and closed shut when i brought my head forward!!! happened so fast didn`t worry to much but will it happen again??
Old 01-02-07, 11:36 AM   #2
JediGoat

Spider

All Shark helmets are covered by a 5 year warranty (including the visor). If you are in any doubt, go to your local dealer (or the dealer you bought it from) and ask for it to be checked.

Failing that, come and see me and I'll get it checked for you.

Jo
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-07, 11:44 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ally Pally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider
So bought a Shark S500 AIR, good looking lid, comfy, a little noisey but gold rated, £90, bargin? (fiances are tight) A worrying thing happened. While transversing my private test track ahem M4 ahem, 124, life saver to the left, VISOR FLIPPED OPEN and closed shut when i brought my head forward!!! happened so fast didn`t worry to much but will it happen again??
My Arai does that if i dont lock the visor. My cheap Tackachi(or however you spell it) does it as well, and that dont have a lock.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-07, 04:58 PM   #4
Spider

Cheers jo, where you at? finishing work early tomorrow so was thinking of goin for a ride somewhere
Old 01-02-07, 05:01 PM   #5
chazzyb

Quote:
While transversing my private test track ahem M4 ahem, 124, life saver to the left
Just a thought: how far did you travel during the time it took to do your lifesaver?
Old 01-02-07, 07:04 PM   #6
Spider

a yard or 2 124mph, couple of seconds for lifesaver = ? there wasn`t any other testers on the track in front of me
Old 03-02-07, 01:56 PM   #7
JediGoat

Sorry Spider, only just spotted your reply

I'm at Girlsbike2 in Highgate - 228 Archway Road. I'm an authorised Shark dealer, and have sorted out repairs for Shark helmets bought from other dealers.

My opening hours can be found here:

www.girlsbike2.com

Ta
Jo
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 04:28 PM   #8
gettin2dizzy

and maybe get some crash bungs