SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-04-19, 08:12 PM   #7191
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Visited a client today in the snow and sleet to find out why they had no internet in their office up the garden. Had to walk across their sloping wet muddy lawn to go back down to the house and went straight over on my ar5e in the mud. Plastered all down the back of my waterproof jacket and a great big wet muddy patch on the backside of my trousers. Back into the office a short while later to collect their PC to take away for some remedial work on it, and had to crawl about under the desk to unplug it. The floor was more like a ploughed field with a mix of dog hair thrown in for good measure. The knees of my trousers ended up as filthy as the ar5e.

Good job they were clean when I left home this morning then.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 06:39 AM   #7192
shiftin_gear98

On a plus, thankfully you didn't put your back out.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 07:47 AM   #7193
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Very true! Think positively.....
Old 05-04-19, 08:50 AM   #7194
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Was it a nice dog?
Old 05-04-19, 01:53 PM   #7195
garynortheast
Mega Poster

A fat, dribbly Yorkshire terrier. Friendly enough but pretty grubby.
Old 06-04-19, 10:20 AM   #7196
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

When all you want is a bath in peace or to change the duvet cover without interference.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-19, 07:26 PM   #7197
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Looks like bri5tolbiketakerzzzz or what ever their instagram names are now are back at it again. This was on my way cycling to work this morning. It's obviously been moved by the Police to the side as there's a huge melted area of tarmac and mess the other side of the cycle path.

Then cycling home after work I had two kids with scarfs wrapped around their faces ride at me on the cycle path swerving all over the place beeping the horn to get people out of their way travelling easily 50mph on a totally off road cycle route, probably on another stolen bike that will be burnt out later. Likely going to get a photo of the aftermath of their previous theft and torching to show off on instagram and Facebook.

I ended up in a ditch at the side of the path narrowly avoiding being hit.

For those who don't know the Railway Path in Bristol is and amazing family friendly converted Railway track cycle and walking route, totally traffic free and calm, stretching from Bristol to Bath, 13 miles.

It's all getting to blatent and brazen now it's sickening and it never seems like the Police can get a grip on it.

I phoned the Police to report and they already had other reports from other people coming in. The waiting and options phoning up and then them trying to work out the location your talking about means the kids will be long gone before they act on it.

I feel sorry for whoever's pride and joy this was this morning...

Last edited by Adam Ef; 06-04-19 at 07:46 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 07:31 PM   #7198
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

The Police know who these people are most of the time too...

https://www.docdroid.net/b9VFEBr/nor...sed.pdf#page=9
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 09:57 AM   #7199
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post

https://www.docdroid.net/b9VFEBr/nor...sed.pdf#page=9
It is shocking how much evidence the police need before they can act on people. My brothers mate was a copper ( now retired ) and he said booking one person in for a simple matter could take them off the beat for half a shift - and what made it worse they would see these people appear in court only to be given a slap on the wrist by the liberal 'these people are victims of society' judge. No wonder Police morale is at an all time low and good coppers are queuing up to take retirement, ( which makes way for the 'fast tracked' university bods who have no experience of real policing). Like most of the good teachers are opting out because the kids have all the rights these days and know they are untouchable ( we have 6 teachers in our extended family and they are all of the same opinion ). When asked about votes at 16 my sister in law said ' 16 year olds can't even decide what to have for lunch, let alone have the judgement to cast a vote ( unless they are told who to vote for by facebook echo chamber, which is the greatest danger to democracy ).

PS - any of the little angels on that list could probably sue you for defamation of character for posting the document LOL

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 07-04-19 at 10:01 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 02:02 PM   #7200
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Dangerous pages these. It's the sort of thing that encourages vigilantes to do their own thing. It only takes one bit of wrong information (intentional or accidental) and an innocent gets a pasting or worse.

I'm sure the Peelers do indeed know who most of them are but the CPS sets the bar pretty high in an attempt to give convictions a better chance of success in the courts. Doesn't make it right that bottom feeding scum get away with it until the criteria can be met of course.