SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-10-09, 10:03 PM   #11
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: HELP I'm stuck....

Something hs fallen from under your pillion seat down to where the lock body is and is stopping it from turning thru its full range of motion. I know this as the same happened to me and it turned out to be a roll of electrical tape i had under the seat.

Try the front seat off idea mate and some coat hanger wire to remove offending item.

Good luck and let us know what it was down there so we can all have a giggle at your expense
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-09, 10:05 PM   #12
madnlooney

if its turning abit id say something is pressing on the mechanism
Old 20-10-09, 10:11 PM   #13
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Something hs fallen from under your pillion seat down to where the lock body is and is stopping it from turning thru its full range of motion. I know this as the same happened to me and it turned out to be a roll of electrical tape i had under the seat.

Try the front seat off idea mate and some coat hanger wire to remove offending item.

Good luck and let us know what it was down there so we can all have a giggle at your expense
and what did i do....

wack the seat down as you turn the key or get someone heavy to sit on it
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-09, 10:19 PM   #14
hollayzfr1

Speedplay and ahmedf thanks very much for the replies, but no luck this time. Damn it. lol

dyziowg, xXBADGERXx and lee67 thanks for the replies guys. Going out to give them all a bash.

If i don't reply again soon it's because I've gave up and went to bed. I am determined though!

Thanks again.....
Old 20-10-09, 10:22 PM   #15
speedplay

set fire to it.

Job done
Old 20-10-09, 11:15 PM   #16
hollayzfr1

Default Re: Seat lock failed - how to remove seat?

Who needs to call Suzuki when you can call on the Org!!!

Your looking at one happy camper, wallet retrieved and seat now working perfectley.

Turns out Spiderman was right, was my own damn fault.

I had cable tied my Optimate lead/plug to the lock body under the pillion seat, and with time and movement it had worked it's way around so it then jammed the cable from pulling back. It's well out of the way now and thoroughly greased up. I learn from my mistakes, this will not be happening to my dumb ass again. Well not anytime soon. Lol.

Many many thanks too all, except that smart git Spiderman(kidding).

Will
Old 20-10-09, 11:22 PM   #17
Bluefish

must have been his spidey senses
Old 20-10-09, 11:58 PM   #18
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

good to know my brilliance shone thru again. Glad it was a simple n easy fix.

I'll send my bill shortly
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote