SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-02-06, 09:24 PM   #1
Jack

Default Remove seat unit

Hi guy's how do i remove the seat unit on the sv1000s i got to sort my indicators out as the previous owner has put an undertray on and i can't move the wire's

please help me

Thanks

Karl
Old 02-02-06, 09:58 PM   #2
bobit69

suggest you move/re post to tuning/tweaking will get more response. Good luck
Old 02-02-06, 10:23 PM   #3
Peter Henry

Yeah Sid Squid will spot the post and save the day for you mate.
Old 03-02-06, 12:29 AM   #4
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Who me?

Remove pillion seat.
Remove the side panels, 4mm Allen key.
Remove riders seat, 6mm Allen key.
Remove grab rail, 12mm socket.
Remove pillion seat lock, No2 Phillips screwdriver, unclip outer cable from stop, and nipple from lever.
Remove six screws, No2 Phillips, in rubber grommets under seats, watch for the little spacer tubes falling out.
Under rear bodywork locate the plastic poppers that hold the bodywork to the undertray/battery box, press their centre pin with a slim screwdriver or similar and the pin will pop in about 3-4mm, grasping outer of popper pull it out.
Disconnect white three pin plug for rear light.
Carefully wiggle bodywork off your bike ensuring the seat lock cable doesn't snag.

That might be everything, you never know.

Refitting is a reverse of removal, make sure that you get the seat cable into place when replacing the bodywork, and doubly make sure that you reconnect it to the lock before you put the seat back on, or you could find yourself in an awkward spot. With the plastic poppery fittings push the pin back out so that it sticks out of the outside of the flange by about 3-4mm, put the popper in place and press the pin in flush, it should click and hold firm.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06, 09:29 AM   #5
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
Who me?

Remove pillion seat.
Remove the side panels, 4mm Allen key.
Remove riders seat, 6mm Allen key.
Remove grab rail, 12mm socket.
Remove pillion seat lock, No2 Phillips screwdriver, unclip outer cable from stop, and nipple from lever.
Remove six screws, No2 Phillips, in rubber grommets under seats, watch for the little spacer tubes falling out.
Under rear bodywork locate the plastic poppers that hold the bodywork to the undertray/battery box, press their centre pin with a slim screwdriver or similar and the pin will pop in about 3-4mm, grasping outer of popper pull it out.
Disconnect white three pin plug for rear light.
Carefully wiggle bodywork off your bike ensuring the seat lock cable doesn't snag.

That might be everything, you never know.

Refitting is a reverse of removal, make sure that you get the seat cable into place when replacing the bodywork, and doubly make sure that you reconnect it to the lock before you put the seat back on, or you could find yourself in an awkward spot. With the plastic poppery fittings push the pin back out so that it sticks out of the outside of the flange by about 3-4mm, put the popper in place and press the pin in flush, it should click and hold firm.
Thanks Sid spot on mate thats my sunday morning cut out then ,thanks again
Old 03-02-06, 11:16 AM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
Refitting is a reverse of removal
Ah...that old Haynes classic
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote