SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-03-08, 12:08 PM   #1
stewie

Default Millenium motorcycles

Just spoke to one of the guys at Millenium in St Helens, they have back trading for three weeks now after being bought out by KJM group, apparently they are now main dealers for MV Augusta, Benneli, Ducati and cagiva on top of the usual Suzuki, kwak Yam and Honda, he asked me to put the word out, so I have
Old 17-03-08, 01:07 PM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Millenium motorcycles

Is this the same crowd went bust owing customer's thousands? Just wondering how come they 'back in business' and why they were not in business for a while.

Further more, where are they and what do they offer? (besides bikes)
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08, 01:43 PM   #3
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Is this the same crowd went bust owing customer's thousands? Just wondering how come they 'back in business' and why they were not in business for a while.

Further more, where are they and what do they offer? (besides bikes)
Dont know about them owing money, but they have gone out of buisness a couple of times over the years, now bought out by KJM apparently from the Wigan area, Millenium,s up in St Helens and they used to offer sertviving partsd clothing and accessories etc.. I used to go there quite often, always found them friendly but a bit pricey. http://www.kjm.net/index.php
Old 24-03-08, 09:43 PM   #4
mikew

Is it the same guys still running the show at Millenium?

They sold my dad a load of gift vouchers the day before they shut up shop - they knew it was closing down but just took his money. He thought he was doing me a favour for Xmas so I could get a new helmet. The whole lot is worthless now & they refuse to honour them. Personally I wouldnt trust them as far as I can throw them.

I had a warranty repair outstanding on my bike too, they wont honour that either - the warranty has run out on the bike now so I got stuck with the repair costs.

You live & learn.
Old 25-03-08, 09:38 AM   #5
markmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew View Post
Is it the same guys still running the show at Millenium?

They sold my dad a load of gift vouchers the day before they shut up shop - they knew it was closing down but just took his money. He thought he was doing me a favour for Xmas so I could get a new helmet. The whole lot is worthless now & they refuse to honour them. Personally I wouldnt trust them as far as I can throw them.

I had a warranty repair outstanding on my bike too, they wont honour that either - the warranty has run out on the bike now so I got stuck with the repair costs.

You live & learn.
If they have reopened under the millenium name you would have a good case here, if they have opened under a different name then im afraid you have lost your money, bike, car dealers are prity much all dodgy if you ask me they are there for one reason and one reason only which is to screw as much money from you as possible. Just my opinion.
Old 25-03-08, 09:43 AM   #6
markmoto

Just called this place and they are still trading as millenium motorcycles, as far as im they should honour your vouchers, if i were you id certainly be causing a stink about it and informing them that if they dont honour your vouchers you will be posting it all over the internet which wouldnt be good for business the internet is a powerfull medium let us know how you get on.
Old 25-03-08, 11:54 AM   #7
flymo
Mega Poster

I remember this place, I went over there a few years ago to test ride an R6 and a CBR6. The CBR broke down mid ride and I had to phone them up to get them to collect me, the guy made it sound like it was my fault!
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-08, 12:30 PM   #8
Speedy Claire

I agree with Mototech re. the vouchers being honoured.... i think a phone call to Trading Standards would be adviseable. They`ll tell your the correct way to go about this and if a letter is required they`ll tell you exactly how to word it. As Mototech suggested, use the threat of the internet and also once you mention you`re taking advice from Trading Standards you might find they back down. Best of luck
Old 25-03-08, 12:47 PM   #9
mikew

OK Here's the update...

I'm off all this week so I went up to Millenium this morning rather than just phone them. To say there weren't polite is an understatement. They wanted nothing to do with my vouchers "oh it's not our problem". To make matters worse it's the same staff serving behind the counter that actually sold the vouchers.

Yes they are trading using the old name but they want nothing to do with any previous committments. Technically & legally they are probably within their rights however it's not great customer service, you'd have thought the least they would have done was to offer a discount or something - surely a customer buying something is a better than no customer. I went in there with the full intention of buying a new helmet & more than likely would have walked out with a new jacket too - if they are happy to turn away customers spending ?600-700 then they wont last long.

Well, that's the last they'll see of me or anyone else I speak to - there's plenty of other places you can buy stuff from.

By all means go there if you want to pay over the odds, get bad customer service & risk not actually recieving the goods - each to their own. Sorry Stewie, but on this occasion I'm not with you.

Mike.
Old 25-03-08, 01:02 PM   #10
markmoto

Mike i understand what your saying with regards to not buying there again but dont give up on the vouchers call trading standards and find out your rights, they will try and fob you off. Maybe its just me but when i get something like this im like a dog with a bone and wont give up. Id make myself such a pain in the **** they would pay the vouchers just to get rid dont give up mate.