SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 25-03-08, 01:05 PM   #11
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: Millenium motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech View Post
Mike i understand what your saying with regards to not buying there again but dont give up on the vouchers call trading standards and find out your rights, they will try and fob you off. Maybe its just me but when i get something like this im like a dog with a bone and wont give up. Id make myself such a pain in the **** they would pay the vouchers just to get rid dont give up mate.
+1

write to them, write to their owners, write to consumer rights groups. they'll pay I reckon. I'll not bother going there again for a start.

If you fancy really kicking off then just choose what you want and walk out with it vouchers at the ready!

ps. you thought of writing to MCN?
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-08, 01:10 PM   #12
Luckypants
Mega Poster

And Mike's sorry tale is the exact reason they went tits up last time. Same staff working there? Jesus, some folks never learn!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-08, 01:23 PM   #13
mikew

The new owners have simply bought the stock & the trading name, they've not bought the debt from the previous company so technically they are in their rights to refuse vouchers, provide exchanges, uphold warranties/salesman promises etc.

What's not right is for a company to be so short sighted as to not see the damage they are doing by providing such a bad customer service.

OK they've lost me as a customer - last year I bought a new SV, new leathers and a few bits & bobs so I guess we are talking near ?5,500/6,000 - any company worth its salt would want that customer to come back this year, trade his bike up & buy more stock off them.

I'm a company director for a very large software house & customer retention is one my biggest targets. I just can't understand these guys, they aint going to last long in business.

Thay are not going to upset me, it's only money & I can spend that wherever I want. Meanwhile I'll carry on riding my SV (when I'm not driving my M3, lol) and I'll just take it elsewhere for servicing and buy all my stuff at the Honda place in Warrington or at JS in Northwich.

Mike

Last edited by mikew; 25-03-08 at 01:27 PM.
Old 25-03-08, 01:30 PM   #14
600+

word of caution about JS in Northwich - they sell imported stuff mostly and their helmets do not meet British standards.....and if they do they are a few years old
Old 25-03-08, 01:39 PM   #15
mikew

OK, cheers for that. I didnt know you could buy a helmet without the gold British Standards sticker on it but I'll certainly check when I get round to buying the new one.

Mike.
Old 25-03-08, 01:43 PM   #16
markmoto

depending on how the other company went to the wall i didnt think it was possible to buy just the name and not have to honour debts for reasons such as this, i hear what your saying its better not to let them get to you but id do it out of principle and then never buy from them again, or use flymos tactis go to the clothing department pick up what you want and then when you pay for them give them the vouchers lol that would be interesting especialy if it was a saturday and the shop was busy.
Old 25-03-08, 01:44 PM   #17
Luckypants
Mega Poster

FWIW - Some helmets meet the British Standard (or relevant EU standard) and are sold quiet correctly as meeting the standard. BUT the gold sticker is from the ACU (Auto Cycle Union) which governs motorsport and used to mean the helmet was of a higher standard. These days it probably just means you cannot ride on the trck with a helmet that does not have the ACU Gold sticker.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-08, 02:19 PM   #18
stewie

Quick update to my original post, went in the other day to enquire about a service for the curvey, its done 27,000 now so the next major service is 30,000, they quoted me £400 + vat for the job , anyway I popped upstairs to have a look at the clothing and was told by the guy up there that the stock was the original stock that was there when they closed up shop, came away slightly less than happy this time. Anyway sorry you got ripped off Mikew, I had no idea that was the situation, btw if you are popping over to Wyder Honda sometime give me a shout.
Stew
Old 25-03-08, 02:26 PM   #19
mikew

No probs Stew, it was just your post that gave me the wakeup call to try & cash in the vouchers.

Mike.
Old 25-03-08, 02:50 PM   #20
Speedy Claire

Mike i`ve just spoken to a friend of mine who owns Orrell Park Motorcycles in Liverpool.. I mentioned what`s happened to you and he says that you must make that call to Trading Standards. KJM have taken over Millenium and bought the entire stock plus the trading name Millenium Motorcycles. Because they are stilll trading under the same name they are obliged to honour your vouchers, don`t let them get away with this, what they are doing is wrong. Stick to your guns hun.

Last edited by Speedy Claire; 25-03-08 at 03:02 PM.