SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-07-09, 05:08 AM   #41
Von Teese

Default Re: Medical advice please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Do try and keep up Miss Moneypenny

Perforated eardrums heal!
Although once you have ruptured them once and they heal, the are weaker than normal and it can recur more easily.

That is all...
Old 04-07-09, 05:19 AM   #42
Von Teese

Here you go Mr Bond, looked it up especially for you just so you believe me.

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/27001160/
Old 04-07-09, 06:31 AM   #43
kellyjo

i'm thinking of cutting my head off so i can poke my ear from the inside. Sticking my head back on might be the downside of that little idea tho [/QUOTE]

Spidey, it may reassure you to know that if you dropped a tarantula and its abdomen was to split (the big round part of the spider) you could use superglue and flour to repair it, thus saving its life. If you reach the point today where you do decide to 'self-decapitate' maybe you could try this to see if it works with spidey heads too!! Hope it sorts itself soon x
Old 04-07-09, 06:39 AM   #44
TazDaz

Put water in your other ear and it wiill all cancel out!
Old 04-07-09, 08:06 AM   #45
TheNinj1

Put your head over a bowl of boiling hot water, with a towel covering your head.

Failing that, threaten it with angry shouting.
Old 04-07-09, 08:52 AM   #46
Warthog

hey Spidey. My guaranteed way of getting water out of my ear is to kneel next to the bed, put a towel down, then properly headbutt the bed with the side of my head which has the waterlogged ear. 3 whacks and it is always out, don't be afraid of doing it hard, it doesn't hurt. If this doesn't solve the deafness then I suggest you have fluid in your inner ear. I get this quite often, everything is muffled yet the ear is clean and water free. Turns out it is my eustacean tube not draining my ear enough, it happens when I am drunk or bunged up. Eat some decongestant and wait a day or two and then it clears up, drains, and you can hear again. Hope this helps.
Old 04-07-09, 09:04 AM   #47
rowdy

Hows your ear this morning spidey.
Have you tried drying your ear with a hair dryer on a low setting.
I SAID HAVE YOU TRIED DRYING YOUR EAR WITH A HAIR DRYER.

linky http://www.ehow.com/how_2039130_water-out-ear.html
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.

Last edited by rowdy; 04-07-09 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added link
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 10:33 AM   #48
Von Teese

Havent you got someone that could lick it out for you?
Old 04-07-09, 11:13 AM   #49
stewie

I get that regularly, does your head in doesnt it ? just gotta leave to its own course Im afraid dont shove anything in, you,ll just compact it, as annoying as it is you,re better off not doing anything,at one time doctors would syringe your ears for you but they dont do it as often these days apparently
Old 04-07-09, 12:01 PM   #50
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Thanks everyone for all you advice. Ear is still as bad as it was

NHS direct finally called me back...at 3.45 this morning. Went thru a few questions and tbh the advice i've been getting on here was far more helpfull than anything they said cos after asking me a million question they cme back with this.... "well it sounds like you got water in your ear from swimming and it wont come out." no shi* sherlock "We suggest you wait a few days, maybe a week and then see your GP if its still a problem" Greeeeat. So they told me what i knew already and told them. Thanks a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Spidey, it may reassure you to know that if you dropped a tarantula and its abdomen was to split (the big round part of the spider) you could use superglue and flour to repair it, thus saving its life. If you reach the point today where you do decide to 'self-decapitate' maybe you could try this to see if it works with spidey heads too!! Hope it sorts itself soon x
*wanders off to find superglue and flour....and a big hacksaw*
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote