SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-05, 09:25 PM   #1
Ash999

Default Locked keys under rear seat..... Whoops!

Well, yesterday started off leaving the hot grips on at a mates house. Knocked down a chimney, knackered and tired. Get on my bike - Dead!!

Go to jump start it off a mondeo and for some reason it wouldnt jump, so took the leads off and put the keys in the rear seat compartment. In a rush go to put the bike together without thinking and wonder where my keys are. Today after scouriing the gravel drive, bike and house, noticed the bike had a rattle, luckily the seat wasnt on pproperly (not clipped at the back, locked at the front) bent the seat and shined a light in and found the keys, with a careful hand, screwdriver I pulled it out through the little whole between the main and pillion seat.

SO, HAS ANYONE LOCKED THEIR KEYS UNDER THE REAR SEAT BEFORE, Or am i the first stupid plonker to do this????
Old 24-04-05, 09:27 PM   #2
Iansv

could well be the first.....
Old 24-04-05, 09:37 PM   #3
Stig

Nope I have also done it. Only the once though
Old 24-04-05, 09:53 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

No but I have a fear of doing it, hence I leave the key in the lock until I have put the pillion seat back on

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-05, 10:16 PM   #5
adam

Now I haven't done that however I did last week, in a hurry shut the door on my way out without my bike or house keys.

Only realised once I was stood at the bike. Dammit so I went to wait for the bus to work with the somalis and indians (west london) dressed in my full bike gear and my lid lol .

Nothing "racist" it just made the whole thing more amusing (with hindsight anyway!!!!)
Old 24-04-05, 11:18 PM   #6
Carsick

I know a few people who've done it. I always leave the key in the lock as well, cos I know I would forget if I put them in the compartment.
Old 24-04-05, 11:24 PM   #7
hall13uk

you lot crack me up.

"puts keys under seat"

dohhh
Old 25-04-05, 12:20 AM   #8
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Not quite the same, but some years ago I checked the oil in the car at the petrol station, put the keys on the top of the pancake air filter, shut bonnet....
Had to get collected, return home and get spare set, car was blocking the isle at the petrol station for hours.
It was only *WEEKS* later I lifted the bonnet, and the keys I had long ago lost (and asked at the petrol station couple of times to see if they had turned up) were still there.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-05, 06:40 AM   #9
DeeJay

Haven't done that... YET!!!

But i have placed my rear seat back on after having all the plastics off, forgetting to place teh lock cable back on, turn the key and nothing happened...

Sorted eventually though...
Old 25-04-05, 08:43 AM   #10
Captain Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
Now I haven't done that however I did last week, in a hurry shut the door on my way out without my bike or house keys.

Only realised once I was stood at the bike. Dammit so I went to wait for the bus to work with the somalis and indians (west london) dressed in my full bike gear and my lid lol .

Nothing "racist" it just made the whole thing more amusing (with hindsight anyway!!!!)
sorry, thats just given me an image of half the "village people" waiting at a bus stop....
perhaps in a rush to do gig after the band van broke down,

no?

just me then......