SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 02-03-06, 04:36 PM   #1
Thaleshwar

Default Repair or Replace

Hi,

I have SV650S K2 hardly done 4500 miles, it has Metzeler tyres and they seem to have lot of life in yet (Good Thread)! only problem rear tyre seem to have a slow (?) puncture as it looses approx 7 psi pressure in a week.

So is it better to get repaired or replaced? How are Metzeler tyres priced including fitting? should only the rear be replaced or its good idea to replace the pair?

I will appreciate some suggestions / comments.

Thanks & Regards,
Old 02-03-06, 04:47 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

As for repair or replace, thats personal choice, Personally even if a tyre could be repaired I dont know if I would trust it and I'd get it replaced.

I had a puncture in a rear Metzler Z6 and got it replaced, cost me £90

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-06, 05:54 PM   #3
embee
Mega Poster

If it's a K2 it will probably have Mez4 tyres fitted. Most people here agree that they are not nice tyres. I had them for about 5k miles and changed the pair because they really weren't nice at all.

If I were you I'd definitely look at replacing the pair for one of the popular "modern" tyres. Read the other threads in this section, most folks like Conti Road Attack, Mezeler Z6, various Pirelli, Avon etc.

I fitted Bridgestone 020 because at the time (couple of years ago) they were a good tyre, but the recent crop of tyres are generally a better package of grip/wear/handling and are cheaper too.

It will make you realise just how manky the Mez4 is. You'll find the SV is a different animal entirely on decent rubber.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote