SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Riding Gear Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 09-04-06, 11:14 AM   #1
Phoenix

Default Draggin VS Hood Jeans

Well I know this post has been kinda done before and looked through many other sites at what other people have put but im looking to buy a pair of jeans and shoes shortly for more casual use than the full HG leathers.

I was set that I wanted a pair of Draggin traffic jeans as really like the look of them best out of all I have seen:
http://www.clubpromoto.co.uk/site/shop.php?pid=296

But after reading alot of threads most people seem to be saying the hood jeans are better than the draggin and so just looking for some final advice before I commit to buying a pair.

also need some shoes but the Joe Rocket ones I liked only went to size 11 not 12 so cant have them need some that are at a resaonable price though

Appreciate any advice or views

Cheers
Leslie
Old 09-04-06, 07:47 PM   #2
SVeeedy Gonzales

My hood jeans saved me from injury in a 70mph crash after being sideswiped by a car. I wouldn't buy anything else, though I've not tried the draggin jeans. Make sure you get them with the hip and knee armour - would have been messy without those in place.
Old 09-04-06, 08:03 PM   #3
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
My hood jeans saved me from injury in a 70mph crash after being sideswiped by a car. I wouldn't buy anything else, though I've not tried the draggin jeans. Make sure you get them with the hip and knee armour - would have been messy without those in place.
Cheers Speedy im definetly looking to get the armour with any of the jeans I buy and glad to hear you where alright after the accident I was very warey at first that anykind of jeans could protect well anough but as you can prove seems they are up to the job

Cheers
Old 09-04-06, 09:53 PM   #4
Grinch

I had draggin and seen Hood, and the Hood jeans have more Aramid (Kevlar is a brand name) in them. The draggins where nice but seemed to have just patches of the stuff, where as the Hood jeans had huge like Aramid shorts in the jean. Went to about just below the knee, would imagine it still gets a tad warm in the summer.
Old 11-04-06, 03:53 PM   #5
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
I had draggin and seen Hood, and the Hood jeans have more Aramid (Kevlar is a brand name) in them. The draggins where nice but seemed to have just patches of the stuff, where as the Hood jeans had huge like Aramid shorts in the jean. Went to about just below the knee, would imagine it still gets a tad warm in the summer.
Cheers Grinch

from the comments I have read ect its looking like I might go for the K7 Hood jeans in black now instead of the draggin traffic, I do prefer the look of the draggin more still but at the end of the day its staying protected thats more important.

Just need to find some ok boots/shoes to go with them at a reasonable price
Old 11-04-06, 03:57 PM   #6
Grinch

The draggin's do seem to have more choice... I gave my old pair away due to excessive pie eating.
Old 11-04-06, 04:12 PM   #7
Phoenix

Quote:
The draggin's do seem to have more choice... I gave my old pair away due to excessive pie eating.
lol well I will make sure I allow a little extra room just incase.

If the draggin give as good ptrotection as the hood I would get them but like you said most people have commented on how much more lining is in the hood ones
Old 15-04-06, 04:42 PM   #8
Phoenix

Thanks for the advice guys I decided to bite the bullet after reading many of posts today and phoned and ordered a pair of K7 Hood jeans in black with armour as well so look forward to getting them and just need to find a pair of small boots ect to go with them now.

Cheers
Leslie
Old 29-04-06, 05:31 PM   #9
Phoenix

Well got my K7 jeans from hood and used them for 2 days now and im very impressed with them nice and comfy and look better than i was expecting.

Just need to sort some smaller boots/shoes out to go under the jeans rather than my big boots with jeans tucked in which looks well odd.

Think will make a visit to hein Gericke in the morning and try on their ones
Old 29-04-06, 06:38 PM   #10
Cloggsy

Quote:
I gave my old pair away due to excessive pie eating.