SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-08-11, 09:34 PM   #61
DJFridge

Default Re: Helmets at Petrol stations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
I wear glasses and I find it extremely inconvienient taking my glasses off then my lid especially if there is any dampness as everything mists up when you put it back on.
Possibly why I get so mift and leave the pump handle on the ground and ride off
Ditto but I tend to just grin and bear it. Or fill up on days when I'm wearing contact lenses instead. It is, without doubt, a pain in the @rse though with glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
Out of curiosity if you move to a credit card pump can they stop the delivery if you still refuse to remove your lid?
Probably. I don't think they release any pump until they are happy, credit card on not.
Old 01-08-11, 09:40 PM   #62
beabert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
My visa debit works
What bank?
Old 01-08-11, 09:45 PM   #63
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFridge View Post
Probably. I don't think they release any pump until they are happy, credit card on not.
They must be automatic if they're 24h

Quote:
Originally Posted by beabert View Post
What bank?
Lloyds TSB
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 09:48 PM   #64
hindle8907
Mega Poster

my visa debit works too, I'm with Nationwide.
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2

Last edited by hindle8907; 01-08-11 at 09:55 PM.
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 09:53 PM   #65
The Idle Biker

I had this for the first time a month ago, the cashier was very apologetic and explained it was her managers decision not a corporate Texaco one. I was a bit affonted at the time but it hasn't happened again. If it became widespread it would be a major pain the backside and I would not like it one bit.

I say ban the sunglasses, scarf and hat wearing brigade, they're murder on a Sunday morning on the way to the Garden centre, they're always filling up and forgetting to pay. You gotta watch the old folk - p!sstakers.
Old 01-08-11, 09:57 PM   #66
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
I have an HJC flip front helmet they are a good solution to the problem I have never been asked to remove it. Just pop the front and Bob's yer mothers brother. Like Dicky Ticker, I'm a spec wearer so flip lids suit my needs perfectly, they are very convenient and lessen the risk of damaging the arms of the specs shoving them through the front of the lid too.
I'd actually rather remove my full face shoei if I need fuel than wear my caberg flip and arrive at my destination sweaty and deaf.
Old 01-08-11, 10:36 PM   #67
beabert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
They must be automatic if they're 24h

Lloyds TSB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindle8907 View Post
my visa debit works too, I'm with Nationwide.
Neither of my natwest ones do, ill have to go ask them y.
Old 01-08-11, 10:59 PM   #68
ant-g

The first time I was asked to remove my helmet was around a year ago; the cashier seemed to relish the 'power' she wielded over me, her exact words were 'Can't you bikers read?' and she pointed to a sign on the window (with absolutely no writing on it). I felt like having the mother of all arguments with her but decided it wasn't worth it as I was already running a little late for work so I just took it off and paid.

The whole point of this is so they can see your face so if you bilk they have your image on CCTV, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever in wearing a helmet/burka/whatever, the face is still not on show, so either leave us all to it or make us ALL take it off.
Old 01-08-11, 11:52 PM   #69
hardhat_harry

My Natwest Visa works
Old 02-08-11, 12:34 AM   #70
dazbo

I've never been asked to remove my lid and used to fill up at Morrisons in Fleet regularly. Obviously the company policy wasn't followed there, naughty them! to management from me there.

Once they've let you put the fuel in the tank I'm with YC if they then ask you to remove your lid before allowing you to pay.

"The fuel is in my bike, either accept the legal tender payment I am offering or remove that amount of fuel from the vehicle and I will take my business elsewhere."

If they don't activate the pump in the first place then fair do's, company policy or whatever you have the choice... put up or push off.
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote