SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-10-11, 09:35 PM   #11
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Am I too old

I'm going hopefully. I hope they are not sh*te, they werent the last time I saw them and that was a bl**dy long time ago.

I hope they "mean it" and arent getting back together because they are skint, but with Ian Brown being a succesful recording artist and Mani having a spot with Primal Scream I cant see those two giving that up just for cash and a one off type thing.

I'd love to hear another album, without Squire's overdubbed guitar parts drowing out, what is possibly the finest Rhythm section known to man...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-11, 07:04 AM   #12
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Ian Brown, everytime I have seen him live (festies), is gash. Can't cut it. So I'm out.

Maybe he can get the Xfactor folks electronic 'hingies to let him sound like he is holding the tune!
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-11, 07:45 AM   #13
-Ralph-

Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
that was a bl**dy long time ago.
Of course it was. You too!

Anyone else in their 30's and 40's been to a nightclub recently and realised that they just don't belong there? Quite amusing actually, especially watching the spotty teenage lads dancing round the girls and hoping to hell that's you looked a bit cooler then, than they do now.

Then you really realise you don't belong when you look at the teenage girls, and instead of your eyes popping out of your head, you find yourself thinking, "If I ever have a daughter, there's no way she'll be leaving the house wearing that!"

Last edited by -Ralph-; 19-10-11 at 07:46 AM.
Old 19-10-11, 08:43 AM   #14
Dicky Ticker

I felt like that 25 years ago Ralph------things have progressed since the days of the squirrel dance
Old 19-10-11, 08:55 AM   #15
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Lets be honest Ian Brown can't sing live, I walked out of the tent when I went to see him at T in the Park years ago... But he's got the best simian swagger ever, and he'll cut yer fecking hands off.

I won't be going to re-live my teenage years by giving them money, but I'll have a listen to their first album again.

Time hasn't been kind to Mani has it, suppose spending your life with Bobby G is going to have an effect.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-11, 09:07 AM   #16
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Ah so sweet that they now all love each other again and none of this has anything to do with having to pay the mortgage - honest.

Surely the more exciting news is that Steps are getting back together?

At a cricket awards do recently I was dancing with some of our academy players - all of them aged 19 - 21 and realised that none of them were born when the song we were dancing to was released (Together in Electric Dreams) at which point I decided that in future I either need to dance with older men or to newer songs.
Old 19-10-11, 06:53 PM   #17
mattSV
Mega Poster

Ed - you might want to read THIS
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-11, 07:16 PM   #18
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

I shall be one of the thousands trying to get tickets this week too, unless they are ridiculously expensive.

Even if it's a let down i'd like to be able to say i saw the let down and be all snobby about it.
Old 19-10-11, 07:22 PM   #19
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post

Anyone else in their 30's and 40's been to a nightclub recently and realised that they just don't belong there? Quite amusing actually, especially watching the spotty teenage lads dancing round the girls and hoping to hell that's you looked a bit cooler then, than they do now.

Then you really realise you don't belong when you look at the teenage girls, and instead of your eyes popping out of your head, you find yourself thinking, "If I ever have a daughter, there's no way she'll be leaving the house wearing that!"
My mates of similar age don't understand why I don't like doing the clubs anymore, I feel like a grandad
Old 20-10-11, 07:47 AM   #20
dazbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
what is possibly the finest Rhythm section known to man...
As long as that man hasn't heard of John Bonham and John Paul Jones... pfft!
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote