SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 11-12-05, 05:42 PM   #1
jim@55

Default workshop/tips

somebody posted a while ago about a potential sv ecosse workshop/tips/advice venue ,,iv just been out at rabs(scooby2102)in carluke and its a good venue AND it was his suggestion,,,,,the garage is big enough ,good light ,and heat..all in all superb for working on your bike .carluke is kinda central for most (im thinking glasgow /edinburgh m8 here)its easy to get to ,and good roads round about that area ..any thought/opinions??
Old 11-12-05, 09:50 PM   #2
jim@55

ehhh,,,,hello,,,,hello,,,,,,anybody there?[/b]
Old 12-12-05, 01:09 AM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

Yup, I thought this was a great idea... And totally happy to provide hardware- stands, tools etc- if someone can pick them up from mine. But interest just sort of fizzled out.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 12:12 PM   #4
jim@55

well lets not let it fizzle then,,,im sure this would b popular if enough peeps read this ,,if not then dont say we(me ,rab, and yourself obviously) wernt up for it ,just wait till somebody wants/needs to do something and it costs a fortune
Old 12-12-05, 02:58 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

Good idea. Last time, i made a general offer to anyone who ever wants a hand with their bike just to come over to mine, i couldn't host the main even (so to speak) but 1 or 2 at a time would be no problem, if you don't mind working outside (or one at a time if you do, in my 1/5 of a garage )
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 03:43 PM   #6
goof

I will have plenty o' free time after Xmas and could be up fer it

Been working like a barsteward for the last couple of months so the bike's not had the sort of lovin' she deserves
Old 12-12-05, 06:00 PM   #7
jim@55

rabs garage is big enough ,its about 12*8(feet that is )he stores 3 yes 3,,bikes in it he said that it would b cleaned out for a .org 'fix it night',..that would give us loads of room, good lights /a good heater and a radio ,,what more could u want(apart from tools and theyre job specific)oh and hes got a well equipped bench for any non major stuff
Old 16-12-05, 07:20 PM   #8
independentphoto

I don't reckon that I'd have much to contribute, but I'd be up for a wee run over there and some coffee supping.

Cheers,
Garry
Old 16-12-05, 08:45 PM   #9
GDBD59

Yep, this is a good idea, but I'm in hibernation 'til the summer, so you hardy annuals do it if you're keen

Jim@55........did you get your suspension sorted out, ............& has anybody heard from Matt in Shotts????????
Old 17-12-05, 11:46 AM   #10
jim@55

not yet gary ,a big tax bill jumped to the front of the queue and that was that ...in this weather i wont be riding the bike a lot to feel the diff,its something thats on my' to do' list ,after the holidays (once ive got some money again ,bloody xmas) ill get it done .gonna use the bike a lot next year(nw 200 for a start) so its not happened yet,but im gonna get springs asap even if theyre not fitted straight away ,..just a pity maxton ballsed my order up or id have them meery xmas and all the best gary ,c u soon(well that depends on ure 'hibernation')