SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-03-17, 11:25 AM   #4301
Heorot

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heorot View Post
I just noticed that the parking light on the bike was on and had been since I parked up 24 hours ago. Now I have to half dismantle the bike to get at the battery to recharge it. Bummer.
Just to rub salt in the wound, this morning I discovered that the bolt holding one of the side panels on has welded itself to the frame so I can't get at the battery to charge it.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 09:25 AM   #4302
keith_d
Mega Poster

I'd just like to congratulate all the people who took part in the "Drive like a Geriatric" event on my way to work this morning.

I'd also like to point out that driving at 40mph whatever the speed limit says does not exempt you from using your mirrors and indicators.

I should have taken the bike!

Last edited by keith_d; 09-03-17 at 09:34 AM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 09:58 AM   #4303
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
I'd just like to congratulate all the people who took part in the "Drive like a Geriatric" event on my way to work this morning.

I'd also like to point out that driving at 40mph whatever the speed limit says does not exempt you from using your mirrors and indicators.

I should have taken the bike!
I have noticed that quite a few people who drive at 40 in 60 limits will continue to drive at 40 when they get into 30 and 20 limits - maybe their eyes are so bad they can't see the speed limit signs.

A bit of a toss up with them and BMW drivers though - for all the money they pay for their German staff cars the mirrors and the indicators seem very unreliable, but the accelerator works just fine (and the smoky Diesel exhaust). There were 3 of us in a line in a 30 limit the other day, me behind and BMW in the middle, double white lines through a village when the BMW decided that village or not, school sign or no school sign he was gonna floor it, he shot off around the front car like a scalded cat doing at least 60, where are the speed cameras when you really need them ??

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 10:03 AM   #4304
ophic
Mega Poster

Why is it that in London they just shut off sections of the city without any kind of diversions put in place? The radio announced that The Mall would be shut - fine, don't take that one - but all surrounding roads were as well, which they failed to mention.

I got completely lost. I'm not gonna post my track because it's far too embarrassing. I'd also like to thank google maps for listening to my eventual plaintive plea of "OK google please direct me to work".

As I didn't have my phone mount with me, I have to say google's spoken directions are actually really good.

Oh and I overtook a lady scooter rider and then nicked the last spot in the parking bay. It wasn't very gentlemanly and I'm really sorry - I wasn't really thinking straight by that point.
Old 09-03-17, 12:07 PM   #4305
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post

Oh and I overtook a lady scooter rider and then nicked the last spot in the parking bay. It wasn't very gentlemanly and I'm really sorry - I wasn't really thinking straight by that point.
Always good to see sexual equality in practice......
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 03:06 PM   #4306
DuncanC

I had a mate who had a beemer. He claimed the owners manual only had one page. It simply said drive like a "****" insert the naughtiest word you know in space.
DuncanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 06:15 PM   #4307
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Christian bloody motorists. Driving along at a mind numbing 25mph "Oh let's bring this main road to a complete standstill to let that car out of that side road"

Get a fupping move on you **** I want to get home for my tea!
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 06:21 PM   #4308
Swin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Why is it that in London they just shut off sections of the city without any kind of diversions put in place? The radio announced that The Mall would be shut - fine, don't take that one - but all surrounding roads were as well, which they failed to mention.

I got completely lost. I'm not gonna post my track because it's far too embarrassing. I'd also like to thank google maps for listening to my eventual plaintive plea of "OK google please direct me to work".

As I didn't have my phone mount with me, I have to say google's spoken directions are actually really good.

Hear bloody hear, working just on the Mall, and parking opposite Downing St. - and having no building notices sent to us for ages left me with no choice but to scoot out early after my night shift to stand any chance of getting home - particularly annoying was the fact that they started to close roads before the supposed closure time of 0630!
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 03:29 PM   #4309
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Dad passed away yesterday not long after I left the hospital.

So I've now got to organise a cremation, help clear out his bungalow and sort out the financial mess and tons of admin. This isn't going to be easy.
Old 12-03-17, 03:49 PM   #4310
Northern Biker

Sorry to hear that LPH. My thoughts are with you.