SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-04-21, 10:09 PM   #9481
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Second Covid19 jab yesterday. No reaction what ever to the first jab, but woke up this morning feeling decidedly under the weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I've heard that the second jab can have a bigger effect than the first. Hopefully it won't last long.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
My American friend and his wife said they were knocked out for 36hrs after their second Astra Zenica jab

Having had my 2nd AZ on Saturday, I can say my reaction to this one was nowhere near as bad as the first one. I was floored for 48 hours with the first and the second I felt crap in the morning after it, but that may well be because I had a few beers that night....
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 09:21 PM   #9482
svenrico

Mentioning no names or addresses but I bought a new sv650a from a dealer for £5650 in September last year and was looking at the possibility of a part exchange but was offered only £4250 for my bike ,from the same dealer ,which seems very low to me. The bike has done about 3,000 miles but has about £500 worth of good functional extras which I included. I was a bit taken aback to say the least. I know dealers list extras as being valuable when they come to sell a bike so why can't they be taken into account when we are selling ? It seems a poor deal to me as a customer, what does anybody think ?
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 09:59 PM   #9483
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Any new vehicle loses at least 10 to 20 percent when it leaves the forecourt. Take into account the VAT they'll pay selling it and they're not left with much if it's to be sellable compared to the price of a new bike that people will buy instead unless it's for sale at substantially less. Anything second hand at very near the new price and people will go for new and HPI etc.

Can you remove the £500 of extras?
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 10:08 PM   #9484
ethariel

As above, swap out all the extras for OE kit that it came with and sell the extras separately, if anything the dealer will mark it down for all the goodies.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-21, 10:33 PM   #9485
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Any new vehicle loses at least 10 to 20 percent when it leaves the forecourt. Take into account the VAT they'll pay selling it and they're not left with much if it's to be sellable compared to the price of a new bike that people will buy instead unless it's for sale at substantially less. Anything second hand at very near the new price and people will go for new and HPI etc.
Can you remove the £500 of extras?
Yes, I can and I will. I have had another offer from another dealer of £4700 in part exchange ,with the extras or returned to bog standard without any extras, which seems a more reasonable deal. So I will return bike to bog standard if I part exchange.
ps I would have thought you might expect to get a better deal from the dealer you bought the bike from though !!!
Old 28-04-21, 10:35 PM   #9486
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
As above, swap out all the extras for OE kit that it came with and sell the extras separately, if anything the dealer will mark it down for all the goodies.
Yes, return to original.
ps What is that bike in your picture ?
Old 29-04-21, 09:42 AM   #9487
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Yes, I can and I will. I have had another offer from another dealer of £4700 in part exchange ,with the extras or returned to bog standard without any extras, which seems a more reasonable deal. So I will return bike to bog standard if I part exchange.
ps I would have thought you might expect to get a better deal from the dealer you bought the bike from though !!!
Sorry Sven, that doesn't look too appauling an offer to me. The dealer has to make money (admittedly they've already made it once) but they're offsetting their risk of not selling it (potential months of storage where they could have had that space in the shop for a customers bike to work on or a more profitable bike to sell) and crucially the warranty the new owner expects from a bike. For all he knows you could have filled the petrol tank with sand or bodged the engine and if sold it's coming right back to him. Or simply he might not have wanted it back and had to put a price that made it appealing to him!

Upshot is; always sell bikes privately unlessyou get an amazing deal from a shop.

Edit: just realised you bought it new, it is now 'used' - makes the dealer's offer look better.

P.S won't you miss the forum if you sell the SV?

Last edited by Dave20046; 29-04-21 at 09:45 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-21, 04:42 PM   #9488
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Sorry Sven, that doesn't look too appauling an offer to me. The dealer has to make money (admittedly they've already made it once) but they're offsetting their risk of not selling it (potential months of storage where they could have had that space in the shop for a customers bike to work on or a more profitable bike to sell) and crucially the warranty the new owner expects from a bike. For all he knows you could have filled the petrol tank with sand or bodged the engine and if sold it's coming right back to him. Or simply he might not have wanted it back and had to put a price that made it appealing to him!
Upshot is; always sell bikes privately unless you get an amazing deal from a shop.
Edit: just realised you bought it new, it is now 'used' - makes the dealer's offer look better.
P.S won't you miss the forum if you sell the SV?
I would miss the forum ,but I haven't sold it yet ,might stay on the forum anyway !
Old 29-04-21, 06:12 PM   #9489
Chris_SVS

Changing discs and pads on the car, a job I've never done (moto plenty of times) The caliper carrier bolts are welded beyond the capability of my wee air compressor + impact gun - so I've ordered a battery variant and will try again..

PITA as once that's done it's off for a new cat converter, money box on wheels!
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-21, 06:17 PM   #9490
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Changing discs and pads on the car, a job I've never done (moto plenty of times) The caliper carrier bolts are welded beyond the capability of my wee air compressor + impact gun - so I've ordered a battery variant and will try again..money box on wheels!

I did my van drums recently. Needed lots of heat to get the bolts loose.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote