SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-02-19, 08:52 AM   #1
Surfjayce

Default Oh no! another lowers thread lol

First off, apologies for starting a fresh thread instead of replying on old threads.

So im in a frustrating situation, after years of contemplating getting lowers and trying to financially justify them, im in a possition where i have decided to spruce the old gal up instead of looking for a new bike, so it doesnt matter how much i spend because its cheaper than a new bike (self justification of future wallet damage lol). This is great, i hear you all scream, well not really, as almost every single avenue has been exhausted to find a genuine set of lowers, Dealers cant find them, parts websites cant find them, i cant find them on any Suzuki site . Closest i came was Oneida-Suzuki in america, but they dont make the Black (YAY) colour

So to the point of this fresh lowers thread

Source, hunt, forage, or MI5 style James Bond Spy the hell out of every single Suzuki related site, affiliate, Dealer or parts stockist.

If any of you guys can join in the hunt and have any fresh avenues to pursue, this would be godlike awesome

EDIT: Im trying to focus as much as possible on the Genuine Suzuki lowers

Last edited by Surfjayce; 22-02-19 at 09:10 AM.
Surfjayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 09:03 AM   #2
Grant66

Default Re: Oh no! another lowers thread lol

On Tapatalk so can't tell if it's curvey or ugly pointy you're after but pyramid still have pointy lowers in black.

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/a...tNumber=20665B

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-19, 09:09 AM   #3
Surfjayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant66 View Post
On Tapatalk so can't tell if it's curvey or ugly pointy you're after but pyramid still have pointy lowers in black.

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/a...tNumber=20665B

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
they are pointy indeed

All after market options are worth looking at, and i do have my eye on the Pyramid's as a last resort, but id be getting the unpainted ones as the gloss black isnt a colour match for my Pearl Nebula Black.

HOWEVER!!

i would like to try and focus as much as possible on sourcing the genuine suzuki lowers if possible, edited original post to emphasize this.
Old 23-02-19, 07:16 AM   #4
Othen

This looks interesting, a direct import from China:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Fairi...rk:12:razz:f:0

It would be a gamble on the quality, and it might attract some import duty (sometimes direct impots do, sometimes they don't - maybe another £60), but a whole set of plastics for £300ish is a marvellous deal. It says in the rubric that the set can come in any colour - which would save the need to re-paint the tank.

This kit would be a good solution for a late model (maybe >2010) insurance write off that was mechanically good but had some road rash on the plastics. I'm tempted to look around for one as my next project.

Alan
Old 23-02-19, 08:02 AM   #5
maviczap
Mega Poster

You can get these from Poland, made from GRP so a bit stronger the OEM ones. You still need the fitting kit, and get them sprayed up. Maybe you can find a fitting kit at a breakers?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F150809240463

Or OEM in blue, no fitting kit

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143138135527
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 08:36 AM   #6
Grim-Lock

im pretty sure i have a near complete fitting kit in packaging... ill have a look later
Grim-Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 04:36 PM   #7
Surfjayce

Im definitely looking with intent at those polish ones, they look like a nice copy, and coupled with Grimlock's fitting kit (if he has it) then its looking like a good combo

Keep it coming guys, lets keep this thread going for as many options for future guys as possible

as a side note, im sadistically intrigued by that chinese full fairing set, you just know its gonna be garbage quality but something inside me makes me wanna try lol
Old 23-02-19, 04:42 PM   #8
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfjayce View Post
Im definitely looking with intent at those polish ones, they look like a nice copy, and coupled with Grimlock's fitting kit (if he has it) then its looking like a good combo

Keep it coming guys, lets keep this thread going for as many options for future guys as possible

as a side note, im sadistically intrigued by that chinese full fairing set, you just know its gonna be garbage quality but something inside me makes me wanna try lol

I’m not sure I agree about the quality of Chinese goods these days. 10 years ago Chinese manufacturing was like Japan in the 1960s and no one took it seriously, in the last couple of years I’ve been really impressed with some things I’ve bought direct. Some items have been of excellent quality and at the same time cost much less than I might have expected to pay.

If I was in the market for plastics now I think I’d buy that Chinese kit, and be pleasantly surprised when it turned up.

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 23-02-19, 06:16 PM   #9
Grim-Lock

i do have a full fitting kit. - 1 rubber fairing ring, 4 plastic poppers and the square block.

everything else is sealed.
Grim-Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 07:32 PM   #10
Surfjayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim-Lock View Post
i do have a full fitting kit. - 1 rubber fairing ring, 4 plastic poppers and the square block.

everything else is sealed.
I dont know whats in a fitting kit anyway, so the 1 rubber ring, poppers and block are alien to me LOL but if you say its a full fitting kit then il take your word obviously, what sort of money are you after for it?