SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-08-10, 09:51 PM   #101
petevtwin650

Default Re: Your thoughts for AR11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
You didn't read the first paragraph of my post, did you?
Yes I did.

Just because peeps don't get enough time to do both events doesn't mean the GM is a select meet. Most of us have to prioritise events either for holiday or financial reasons, that's life unfortunately.
Old 14-08-10, 09:53 PM   #102
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
And please don't use this thread for any whinges or arguments. It's just a place to throw around a few ideas and get people thinking. Mwah xxx
Didn't last very long, did it
Old 14-08-10, 09:54 PM   #103
widepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
*Coughing fit starts*

Shrewsbury and into mid/north Wales via a different route from AR06

Would be very happy to organise with Luckypants (that was well volunteered, Mike) and whip you all into shape

*Coughing fit over*
having just spent the last few days around there ,that is a fantastic plan.
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 09:55 PM   #104
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Yes I did.

Just because peeps don't get enough time to do both events doesn't mean the GM is a select meet. Most of us have to prioritise events either for holiday or financial reasons, that's life unfortunately.
From reading the objections to the GM becoming the AR for one year only, it would appear that those people would prefer it to be the comparitively small and select meet that it is now, almost like they wouldn't welcome an invasion of other org members. It's a shame, because I don't usually go to Scotland to ride decent roads because the European mainland is closer and cheaper, but would make an exception for the AR if it was held there.

It's for one year, just one year and then they've got it all to themselves again ... what's the problem with that?
Old 14-08-10, 09:58 PM   #105
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by widepants View Post
having just spent the last few days around there ,that is a fantastic plan.

North Wales?

Forget it ... not even if you gave me a false identity and a driving licence to go with it. Never will I ride a motorcycle on the road in that area again as long as the local police have the attitude to motorcyclists that the mental case Brunstrom instilled in them. If you held a track weekend at Tye Croes I would go though.
Old 14-08-10, 10:01 PM   #106
widepants

Quote:
North Wales?

Forget it ... not even if you gave me a false identity and a driving licence to go with it. Never will I ride a motorcycle on the road in that area again as long as the local police have the attitude to motorcyclists that the mental case Brunstrom instilled in them. If you held a track weekend at Tye Croes I would go though.
the strange thing though Lozzo is that I saw NO police in over 400 miles
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 10:04 PM   #107
Ed

Quote:
North Wales?

Tsk, you are a divvy...

I have never been stopped in north Wales. Not once. Never. And my bike is not entirely street legal. And anyway I had in mind the less policed areas. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, this one's no exception
Old 14-08-10, 10:05 PM   #108
ravingdavis

Quote:
From reading the objections to the GM becoming the AR for one year only, it would appear that those people would prefer it to be the comparitively small and select meet that it is now, almost like they wouldn't welcome an invasion of other org members. It's a shame, because I don't usually go to Scotland to ride decent roads because the European mainland is closer and cheaper, but would make an exception for the AR if it was held there.

It's for one year, just one year and then they've got it all to themselves again ... what's the problem with that?
That's not the case at all. Anyone is welcome to come to the GM, yourself included! The GM from my experience is far more ride orientated rather than social whereas the AR is more socially orientated... Both events are awesome and both have a place in the .org calender as far as I can see. If you can only attend one rideout next year then wouldn't it be good for you to have a choice as to the style of weekend? With both the GM and AR you have that choice... why remove it? If like me you can attend both then woohoo! Two great weekends in Scotland

As for not going to North Wales for the police then you are missing out on some fantastic roads, I have done a few thousand miles in North Wales last year and have never been stopped once, never had an issue. My bike is not completely legal either.

Last edited by ravingdavis; 14-08-10 at 10:08 PM.
Old 14-08-10, 10:10 PM   #109
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
...and have three beers.

Trying to keep the GM for just a select few smacks of a whole load of selfishness to me.
Part A, not trying hard enough.
Part B;

The GM is more about the riding, it's been ace as it has been the last few years. I think changing it into an AR style ride with slow pace, more people would spoil it.

I don't see any "select few", if you want to go to it, go to it?
Old 14-08-10, 10:12 PM   #110
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
North Wales?

I used to regularly ride through there going to MYC's digs in Aberystwyth. So long as you're not being a d*ck on the straights dressed in a romper suit on an R1 then you'll be reet.