SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-08-10, 06:10 PM   #31
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Your thoughts for AR11

I have driven round South West Ireland and it is beautiful, but it rains, a lot! Though the Ring Of Kerry would be amazing on a bike. But the Euro is a factor then and it could work out to be an expensive trip depending on the exchange rate.
Old 13-08-10, 06:14 PM   #32
Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
When should it be?
Please, please can we have it earlier in the year in 2011. Sadly I am committed to Swanage Carnival every year and next year will be Saturday 30th July until Saturday 6th August. Also because I will be there over my birthday I will be partying during the rest of August!! Wicked
Old 13-08-10, 06:27 PM   #33
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

I always thought that the Peak District could offer a lot. It's quite mainstream now, but there are options and ways round it.

As far as i'm aware and IMHO i think the campsite used for the Peaks Revenge ride in September 2009 would be pretty prefect.

Routes should be easy to get all the best things incorporated and keeping everything running smooth.

Just a thought...

EDIT: Am i right in thinking there might have been an AR in the Peaks recently though?
Old 13-08-10, 06:49 PM   #34
BigBaddad

And to think, there's a thread about Christmas starting too soon.
Old 13-08-10, 07:01 PM   #35
gettin2dizzy

Northumberland ftw: thumbsup:

Quiet, beautiful roads, central location and cheap accommodation. Somewhere like Seahouses would be great ,and I know a fish and chip shop that could be involved Good roads are plentiful, even for 100+ bikes.

Northumberland is my stomping ground so i'll have a think
Old 13-08-10, 07:07 PM   #36
stewie

Isle of man, job done
Old 13-08-10, 07:13 PM   #37
orose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Am i right in thinking there might have been an AR in the Peaks recently though?
I thought you volunteered at AR09 to do AR11

Looking back in the archived forums, it doesn't seem that there has been one in the peaks as a weekend - AR04 was apparantly based at the cat and fiddle, but it sounds like it was a day-ride with the social side starting up from 05 onwards.

I think the problem with the site for the peaks rideout would be that we'd have the whole thing booked out, and I doubt the village could cope (given that we'd probably double the population for the weekend )
Old 13-08-10, 07:18 PM   #38
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Two pubs, little shop as well as the camp site.

Camp site is mahoosive, got multiple showers, small games room and alpaca and peacocks.

Guess the deal breaker would be if we could get a catering van or the like to set up camp for the weekend like at this years AR.
Old 13-08-10, 07:25 PM   #39
fenjer

I'm going to say my preference would be Northumberland.

I dont think the AR should be held in Scotland as we already have the GM.
Old 13-08-10, 07:32 PM   #40
Milky Bar Kid

I am just opening my mouth here and letting my belly rumble but why, as the AR is a travelling event, would it be impossible for the GM and the AR to be amalgamated for one year? It's not as if it is then going to take away from either the AR or the GM?

It's not like it is going to be every year that it happens.

I think it's a complete shame that people are shooting down the idea of Scotland just because we have the GM. Plenty of other sections now also have fairly well attended rideouts every year.

Like I said, just opening my mouth and letting my belly rumble but just think it's a shame that the idea of a Scottish AR is being dismissed.