SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-12-06, 02:07 AM   #31
Warren

my mate works at tesco, and his bonus is 5 percent off his shopping if he spends 250 quid or more.

nice aye ?
Old 17-12-06, 08:22 AM   #32
hovis

worx do last night....the boss was not there BUT he bought a few bottles of wine for every one ........i dont like wine
Old 17-12-06, 05:10 PM   #33
Paws

I get from the 23rd Dec-2nd Jan off, my other half gets that and a £130 bonus.
Old 17-12-06, 08:06 PM   #34
Razor

Nothing, not a thing I got this year. No meal, no decorations, not even a card.
Old 18-12-06, 08:04 AM   #35
Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Old 18-12-06, 09:39 AM   #36
Jelster

Apart from a Christmas "do" I haven't had an Xmas bonus for a few years.

This year though it came early.... I quit my last job in October but in January I start my new job running the UK division of a German company. I'm well chuffed

Old 18-12-06, 09:47 AM   #37
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
I work in the public sector.......not a chance of a Christmas bonus. We're not even allowed to accept gifts from grateful people that we've helped over the year.

A couple of years ago I helped a company out to the point where they avoided a prosecution and the owner drove 100miles each was just to surprise me with a bottle of whisky. Unfortunately he tried to give it to me in main reception in front of a few others.......... the look on his face when I explained that I had to polite decline his generous gift

He went outside and handed to a tramp who was encamped outside.
Old 18-12-06, 10:13 AM   #38
Baph

Probably the worst xmas bonus I've had would be, um, nothing. Something is always better than nothing.

Working in pubs etc, the usual would be a keg or so to share between everyone, and before the extended hours lark, all night lock-ins for employees & family only, but sometimes that was a 'bring your own' deal (where the bosses accidentally dropped something in the ice buckets, but head office never knew anything about that).

I've also just found out what my xmas bonus is from my current place of employment. But it doesn't belong in this thread, since it was asked for bad examples
Old 18-12-06, 11:24 AM   #39
Viney
Mega Poster

Well i work for Xerox. Yes the large worldwide organisation that you probably have a product or two in your office. Well, what did they give us...a 'party'. They hired the top floor of a local pub (Classy huh) and brought us drinks. We where promissed a disco OR foodm we got neither.

I so motivated...i really am. We didnt even get a £10 voucher like we did last year!!

Its all bollox, but then what do you expect, when we are the only division make profit within Xerox.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 12:03 PM   #40
Marshall

i get sweet F**K ALL!! nothing, not even a card, and to top it off, they are leaving it to the last minuet to tell us whether we are all loosing our jobs, bah humbug