SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-12-06, 12:04 PM   #1
Baph

Default Christmas Bonus 2

OK, so in light of the other thread being a little down in the dumps. I thought I'd ask the opposite.

What's the best xmas bonus you've ever had?
Old 18-12-06, 12:05 PM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

To quote my (foreign) boss at the time 'you lucky you have job!'
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 12:16 PM   #3
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants
Mike that's both your best & worst huh?

To get the ball rolling, I've just had written confirmation of my present by the company. They're going to (at a clients request) allow me to have time off, when I specify, for a month with pay, anytime in 2007.

The client requested this, because of a conversation I had with my contact at the client site. The conversation went something like:
Quote:
Hey dave, I hear you've moved out of support now & are in development. [insert random conversation about the move]
Listen, I've been talking to Claudio [client company director] and he's agreed something with me. You've saved us a lot of money in the past, so drop me a call sometime in 2007, and we're going to fly you & the family out here for a month, call it a sort of "thanks for your help" OK?"
After clarification, that translates to an all paid month holiday in any country the client has a site. They'd prefer Mexico, but they don't mind me choosing from (main contenders) Florida or Australia
Old 18-12-06, 12:19 PM   #4
Amanda M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants
Mike that's both your best & worst huh?

To get the ball rolling, I've just had written confirmation of my present by the company. They're going to (at a clients request) allow me to have time off, when I specify, for a month with pay, anytime in 2007.

The client requested this, because of a conversation I had with my contact at the client site. The conversation went something like:
Quote:
Hey dave, I hear you've moved out of support now & are in development. [insert random conversation about the move]
Listen, I've been talking to Claudio [client company director] and he's agreed something with me. You've saved us a lot of money in the past, so drop me a call sometime in 2007, and we're going to fly you & the family out here for a month, call it a sort of "thanks for your help" OK?"
After clarification, that translates to an all paid month holiday in any country the client has a site. They'd prefer Mexico, but they don't mind me choosing from (main contenders) Florida or Australia
How cool is that?! Fantastic!!!
Old 18-12-06, 12:46 PM   #5
muffles

i guess the last 2 years have been the joint best (as they were very similar) - basically lots of money. Baph, that holiday sounds good though!! wish i could get an extra month of holiday
Old 18-12-06, 01:09 PM   #6
Razor

I once got 15% of salary as a bonus, once in 9 years with same company. I left 2 years ago and they've made full bonus every year since
Must have been me holdin' 'em back...
Old 18-12-06, 01:12 PM   #7
thor

My bonuses are quite significant. The last month of the year is a killer for anticipation!
Old 18-12-06, 01:17 PM   #8
timwilky
Mega Poster

My best Christmas bonus was a flight back to the UK from Sumatra. I had gone there for a quick 1 week job 2nd week in December to discover the site had a major virus problem that had screwed up their project information system and the site director would not let me leave until such time as they were happy that all outstanding issues were resolved. I ended up writing a set of routines to check out every document in an enormous database and virus scan it. I was then able to get on with the job I was there to do in the first place. Christmas Eve morning he told me I was booked on the afternoon flight out of Jakarta. and to get my backside back in January.

Phoned the wife to say I was on my way home and was so happy to hear her crying down the phone.
Old 18-12-06, 01:20 PM   #9
600+

I will now stop reading this thread as you gizzers will make very depresed

AS I GET JACK S****T AND IN THE LAST MONTH I SAVED THEM ABOUT £250k

lucky gits! money, free holidays

I'M LEAVING NOW
Old 18-12-06, 01:22 PM   #10
Amanda M

I don't get a xmas bonus in the form of money or a xmas do or owt but we do get the days in between xmas and new year off.