SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-11-07, 02:30 PM   #1
hovis

Default no claims bonus?

just tried to get a quote on the phone with bennets (as thats who i am with now)

i insured the sv sept 06 to spt 07 (express)

& the cbr june 07 to june 08 (bennets)

so i have 1 years NCB (1 year & 2 months to be exact)

but

the silly cow said because the sv was not insured with bennets it did not count.

i just could not get her to understand, in the end i gave up

am i missing somthing?
Old 08-11-07, 02:32 PM   #2
Flamin_Squirrel

Default Re: no claims bonus?

No. She's as thick as a whale omlet. Phone up again and try to talk to someone with a brain. Difficult at Bennets, though.
Old 08-11-07, 02:33 PM   #3
Warthog

I think she is missing something, my NCB has always been transferable between insurers. Ring up again, get a different person on the phone, and it will probably be fine.
Old 08-11-07, 02:34 PM   #4
Biker_Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
just tried to get a quote on the phone with bennets (as thats who i am with now)

i insured the sv sept 06 to spt 07 (express)

& the cbr june 07 to june 08 (bennets)

so i have 1 years NCB (1 year & 2 months to be exact)

but

the silly cow said because the sv was not insured with bennets it did not count.

i just could not get her to understand, in the end i gave up

am i missing somthing?
Did you not get a proof of no claims bonus from Express when your policy ended? If not, try giving them a call...they should be able to pop one in the post for you...

Failing that, on car insurances policies in the past, my new broker has phoned the old broker to get the proof of no claims themselves...I made it clear that if they wanted my business, thats what they had to do...worked with some...

HTH,

Billy.
Old 08-11-07, 02:58 PM   #5
ASM-Forever

As others have said your no claims should be transferable. You just need to give them your previous policy/broker number so they can confirm it.

Having said that maybe you have no no-claims, due to your collision on the bridge, that from what i have read is still ongoing?

Finally kudos to mr.squirrel for the apt BA reference.
Old 08-11-07, 03:15 PM   #6
richie95

to be honest, they should not be challenging you, if you said you had 20 years, because in the event of a claim, your history will be available and if you have lied then thats down to you, dont know why this woman was doing that, essentially she should be just saying thank you for your custom............
Old 08-11-07, 03:17 PM   #7
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie95 View Post
to be honest, they shoudl not be challenging you, if you said you had 20 years, becuase in the vent of a claim, your history will be avialble and if you have lied then thats down to you, dont knwo why this woman was doing that, essneitally she should be just saying thank you sir for your custom
Indeed.

Normally they will sell you a policy, at a price that accounts for your NCB. Then the onus is on you to prove you have it, or they will charge you an increased premium.