SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-10-13, 08:58 PM   #1
quik_d

Default How to balance throttle bodies?

I'm familiar with how to balance carbs and the process of using vacuum gauges, but never balanced throttle bodies.

Does anyone have a picture or guide of how to balance the pointy sv (2003 if the year matters)? I did search but couldn't find one.
Old 17-10-13, 09:01 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: How to balance throttle bodies?

exactly the same as carbs.

pull off spigot caps, put hoses/gauge on, warm bike up, adjust screw till they balance.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-13, 10:42 PM   #3
quik_d

Fair enough, I over-egged it in my head then thinking the electronics would make it harder.

I know where the vacuum take offs are, Is the screw accessed from above or below?

Also is it at all likely that the balance would be different between a standard exhaust and a viper can? Due to the noise of the viper it'd be good to balance them with the standard exhaust on then switch it to the viper once done.
Old 17-10-13, 10:59 PM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

balance is not dependant on exhaust as all you are doing is equalising the butterflies to suck air at same rate.

the balance screw is the lower of the two connecting rods. do not under any circumstances touch the upper screw as you will then have to set the STV which is a PITA.

this screw:
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote