SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-01-08, 12:00 PM   #1
600+

Default Joys of life!!!

Yesterday was a b**d of a day!!!

Driving down to Nottingham got a phonecall from the gf saying that she has been summoned to court by the council for unpaid council tax bills..........she is a student full time hence exempt! and she has got proof of it to the council.

The reason they summoned her was because her flatmate that moved in in August didn't want to pay and said I'll try and get away with it till they catch me. Now she is French and her English is well below standard. Sooo before X'mas a bill turns up to my gf name for £700 to pay council tax. OK then off she goes to the council to tell them they are billing her while she exempt. Council says fine - we have sent you 7 letters for the "other" person to complete and received none. So get your flatmate to fill it in and sign it and you will be left in peace.

Huge fight that night because the french flatmate thinks we went to the council and "blew her cover". Since her English is crap I decide to ask my housemate who is also her boyfriend to try and explain to her how it works as he will probably have a lot more time (during the whole night) to explain.

Explaining done and French flatmate decides that she will pay but still fills we gave her away. Now court summons appear and my gf is the least I can say happy about it! She is not the person to deal with such things really.....anyone that has met her will understand.

Easiest way to sort this out is for the French bitch to pay the bill. Right, try tell her that! She is screaming out of her lungs, not understanding what we were telling her, calling us names and really not understanding why we were upset about a "piece of paper".......the court summons!!!

Anyway she agrees to go with my gf this morning to the council and settle the bill!! Needless to say the council lady almost committed suicide after trying to explain to her that it was her fault my gf was in the ****. French girl is almost in tears but still doesn't accept that she was in the wrong......ok I say sod her.

Best part of all was that her bf (my housemate) said I don't want to get involved not my problem!!! It's between your gf and the Frenchie to sort it out............yeah OK but a bit of help here mate would be appreciated before I bang her head on the wall you know

Needless to say he is soon getting the boot from my house and sod the rent! Don't need people like him in my life! No sign of appreciation for a **** load of help I've given him in the past 3.5 years!!!

Why do people behave so selfishly is beyond me! Especially in cases when there is no need for that.

RANT OVER

Last edited by Stig; 10-01-08 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-01-08, 12:04 PM   #2
Daimo

Default Re: Joys of life!!!

As im finding out more as i get older...... Everyone in this life seems to be....

As long as im ok, feck everyone else.....

Great attitude to have, NOT. But it seems these people get everything they want, and us folk who do nothing but think of everyone else first, get **** on left right and center.

The saying is true.

Good guys always come last.
Old 10-01-08, 12:09 PM   #3
600+

Tell me about it!

But it's just soooooooo sad man! I have accomplished a few things in my short life up to now and most of them are because I speak to people, ask for info and in general receive some help.

funny thing was that my housemate is looking for a job and he was complaining to me the other day that the guys from his lab that have a couple of connections don't seem to bother to share them PMSL.................I gave him an example of himself doing the very same thing on me that day LOL

there was silence after that
Old 10-01-08, 12:14 PM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

She's French, 'nuf said! They are never in the wrong.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 12:17 PM   #5
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

I'm surprised she didn't just surrender.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 12:19 PM   #6
tomjones2

I can see why her bf didn't want to get involved, stuck between gf and your landlord is never good, and he probably knows she is in the wrong just doesn't want to tell her, doesn't make it right though. Do you know anyone who speaks french who can explain how the English system works the french girl probably just feels she is stitched up because she doesn't understand the system.

If i was in your position I would give me housemate the boot though, if he is one of your friends then he should have pitched in. Is he English? I have had selfish housemate in the past and they never change.
Old 10-01-08, 12:23 PM   #7
DanDare

Blatant Tax Evasion isn't it?

Sod the b***h, I'd drop here right in it, why should she get away with it when we have to pay.

Ignorance is no excuse.

The friendship between your flatmate and her must be rock solid if he couldn't care less about her getting a court summons. Nice guy!
Old 10-01-08, 12:32 PM   #8
600+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones2 View Post
I can see why her bf didn't want to get involved, stuck between gf and your landlord is never good, and he probably knows she is in the wrong just doesn't want to tell her, doesn't make it right though. Do you know anyone who speaks french who can explain how the English system works the french girl probably just feels she is stitched up because she doesn't understand the system.

If i was in your position I would give me housemate the boot though, if he is one of your friends then he should have pitched in. Is he English? I have had selfish housemate in the past and they never change.
he is not English, he is Greek as am I but he will be getting the boot for sure after this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
Blatant Tax Evasion isn't it?

Sod the b***h, I'd drop here right in it, why should she get away with it when we have to pay.

Ignorance is no excuse.

The friendship between your flatmate and her must be rock solid if he couldn't care less about her getting a court summons. Nice guy!
the gf is a kind hurt she doesn't do these things.......if it was on me we wouldn't be having this discussion now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
She's French, 'nuf said! They are never in the wrong.
Mike funnily enough this bird will never accept she is wrong! Even she is on fire and you are trying to save her she will tell you you are wrong and she's right!!!
Old 10-01-08, 12:32 PM   #9
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

sorry to here about the situation, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600+ View Post
Since her English are crap
oh the irony
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 12:34 PM   #10
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Give her some cheese.Then she will surrender no questions asked.