SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 31-10-08, 08:44 AM   #1
DaveP

Default Amsterdam... Hotels and parking

Anyone know of any hotels in the dam that has space for parking two bikes on the grounds as i seem to be having trouble.

Cheers

Dave
Old 31-10-08, 09:27 AM   #2
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: Amsterdam... Hotels and parking

When are you planning on going? As I live in Haarlem (20-30 mins from Amsterdam by train) and have a garage with secure parking and could provide accommodation to a fellow orger. Or you could just leave the bikes there before travelling into Amsterdam to stay. Just a thought.
Old 31-10-08, 11:12 AM   #3
DaveP

wow....tell you what mate... thats absolutly spot on! Thankyou for the very kind offer!!

Its only looking like being next summer when we travel, i am just in the throws of starting a serious plan for 3 weeks round europe and trying to get a rough figure. Should your offer still be open when we are going then i would love to take you up.

Thanks again mate.

Dave
Old 31-10-08, 11:53 AM   #4
Tim in Belgium

No worries.
Old 31-10-08, 03:24 PM   #5
Dappa D

result,,,,,,what a nice man tim is

make sure he dont rob ur bikes!! hehehe
Old 03-11-08, 07:24 PM   #6
Tim in Belgium

Just discovered that the garage has central heating and rugs for keeping bikes nice and secure. And a beer fridge.
Old 16-03-09, 07:51 PM   #7
Haluk

Dave, this is the reply I had to my enquiry from B&B Kwint in Amserdam based on two people staying:

Quote:
"I have the studio (euro 90.= incl.breakfast/citytax) or the blue guestroom with the canopy bed available (euro 80.= incl./double bed).
I have a garage in which the motorbikes can be put, also it is still free parking on the street in front of the house.
This is rural Amsterdam Noord, quiet. The citycentre is easily to be reached by regular citybus 35 or (free) ferry NDSM in a short time.
If you want to book I need a confirmation, creditcardnr. as a guarantee (payment is cash at the checkin) full name, address, tel.nr. and your arrivaltime.
Thank you for asking, with kind regards"

So there you are, a motorcycle friendly B&B. Most cheap Amsterdam hotels don't have parking facilities and unfortunately the ones which do, charge extra for it.
Old 16-03-09, 09:08 PM   #8
Tim in Belgium

Unfortunately I'm off down to Rotterdam within the next month or two, I let Dave know a while ago, so this offer is no longer available I'm afraid
Old 16-03-09, 09:40 PM   #9
Haluk

In which case here is the e-mail address of that B&B DaveP: info@bbkwint.nl
You can also Google it of course, just put "motorcycle friendly hotels Amsterdam" in the search bar.