SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-03-17, 05:33 PM   #21
Stilo

Default Re: Non Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead13 View Post
Thanks.
It sounds like its not being activated then, maybe because the clutch is dragging? I don't see the point of this clutch switch thing, it's just a pointless hassle, no other bike I've had has one.
There are plenty of other bikes with it. The clutch dragging is probably through the bike not being used for a while, my Ducati gets like it if it hasn't been used. You can either dismantle & clean the clutch plates or when you do get it started it will probably clear itself.
+1 on the clutch switch.
Old 15-03-17, 11:19 AM   #22
chezza

One last thing that happened to mine a long time ago was the switch started not responding/engaging when pulling the clutch in, however I adjusted the span adjuster out and it started working again fully (again the more experience will tell you if that was more luck than anything mechanical).

I have since replaced the cable and adjusted the clutch adjusters (well garage did) and not suffered that again.
chezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 01:13 PM   #23
motorhead13

All sorted!

Spot on Stilo, the clutch was just sticking from lack of use thankfully.

The clutch switch was knackered so that was bypassed, and a few other switches needed cleaning/sorting in the hand controls and under the seat.

Now riding it daily and liking it a lot. Its got a Leo Vince exhaust which sounds good though may need to tweak the fuelling to get it a little smoother lower down and the throttle response is a little sharp which I may adjust.
Fitted a screen which helps but still a lot of buffering on motorway journeys, but to be expected on a naked bike. Seems a good bike, good engine and speed and handles well.Will enjoy putting some miles on it!

Thanks for the help.