SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 12-07-06, 04:05 PM   #1
Beaniebike

Default I was gonna go to the IAM meet tonight...

...but I feel ick! Bah! Feeling quite sorry for myself too . Don't think it would be a great idea to go out on said bike (to be met by an assessor ) when I feel dizzy when I stand up!!!! Was looking forward to this too .
Old 13-07-06, 11:52 PM   #2
SVTONYB

just read your post beanie had trouble logging on....hope you feel better and it was only the thought of being watched (tested) that gave you that exam day unwell feeling
Old 14-07-06, 01:14 PM   #3
scooby2102

went out again with the glasgow south mob on wed, as only 3 of us turned up with 3 observers, they decided to have some fun and go on a ride instead with only a minimum observation

was magic fun, 2 of the observers were on 05 model R1's, sheeet, can these things corner

even the 1150 GS beemer was hikin, as was the Pan Euro

made a nice change from the stop start stuff

really nice peeps as well, we always finish at a pub somewhere to discuss the nights issues over a nice warm drink
Old 14-07-06, 02:15 PM   #4
Beaniebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTONYB
just read your post beanie had trouble logging on....hope you feel better and it was only the thought of being watched (tested) that gave you that exam day unwell feeling
LOL - you might be on to something there!!!! Do intend to go next wed though! Hope to see you there!
Old 15-07-06, 09:45 PM   #5
owenieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby2102
went out again with the glasgow south mob on wed, as only 3 of us turned up with 3 observers, they decided to have some fun and go on a ride instead with only a minimum observation

was magic fun, 2 of the observers were on 05 model R1's, sheeet, can these things corner

really nice peeps as well, we always finish at a pub somewhere to discuss the nights issues over a nice warm drink
Seconded. I'd be there every Wednesday too, but am working in Dundee for a couple of months. I don't get back to Glasgow till after 7pm so can't make it.
Old 17-07-06, 12:31 AM   #6
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby2102

Having said its fun it is missing the point slightly, not that it shouldn't be fun, but the whole point is to ride to the rules of the road and prepare you for a test, to get you your qualification and make you a safer rider...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-06, 07:51 AM   #7
Kilted Ginger

I've just filled out my application form for the IAm, which group do you attend? Is it the one that nutty tart is an observer at?
I stay just outside Falkirk so its a toss up whether to do Glasgow north or south or Edinburgh I think, (depend on their meeting points times etc) Have you found it beneficial?
Old 17-07-06, 09:08 AM   #8
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Me I'm a member of Glasgow North, we meet 6:30 for 7pm on wednesday night at the Crow Road McDonalds...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-06, 09:19 AM   #9
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca
Me I'm a member of Glasgow North, we meet 6:30 for 7pm on wednesday night at the Crow Road McDonalds...

probably best to avoid that one then
Old 17-07-06, 09:34 AM   #10
Anonymous

not an active observer at the moment but it is glasgow north i do attend when i do attend if you get my meaning. went along on wednesday with a cut down seat for quedos and met up with everyone again. lots of old faces and lots of new ones. was good to see everyone again