SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-04-18, 07:30 PM   #5671
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

My gripe of the really long sh1te day. Work was an 11 hour mare. But that wasn't the worst of it. My gripe was my bike. Or rather it's lack of petrol.
By the time I got to work there were no petrol stations open at 5.30am. So I had no option to fill up then. So I decided on a gentle pootle home via the route that I can use my fuel card halfway home. Drove past a Sainsburys and their pump as it would cost me money. However bike conked out a good 15 min push before the station. In this heat. Not fun. Fill up only to have my fuel card get declined for the first time ever. So I had to front the cash. Typical should have stopped at Sainsburys. OK so no real issue you think. Except the bike wouldn't start.
Rant mode turned on. Try my hardest not to lose my **** in petrol station forecourt. It just wouldn't crank. Queue battery flattening after several attempts.
Bugger now I have about 7 miles till home. Best get pushing. Thankfully after 30 mins of sweating there was a hill big enough to try my first ever bump start. It only ****ing worked. Thank ****. It's at that point I realised I'd clipped my helmet under the rear plastic whilst pushing. Poo. Thankfully it started again after being turned off. Queue a quick hoon home! Oh and I then saw 3 SVs. Black 650, White 650, Silver 1000. Did any of you ****ers nod back? No.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 19-04-18 at 07:35 PM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-18, 08:22 PM   #5672
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
My gripe of the really long sh1te day. Work was an 11 hour mare. But that wasn't the worst of it. My gripe was my bike. Or rather it's lack of petrol.
By the time I got to work there were no petrol stations open at 5.30am. So I had no option to fill up then. So I decided on a gentle pootle home via the route that I can use my fuel card halfway home. Drove past a Sainsburys and their pump as it would cost me money. However bike conked out a good 15 min push before the station. In this heat. Not fun. Fill up only to have my fuel card get declined for the first time ever. So I had to front the cash. Typical should have stopped at Sainsburys. OK so no real issue you think. Except the bike wouldn't start.
Rant mode turned on. Try my hardest not to lose my **** in petrol station forecourt. It just wouldn't crank. Queue battery flattening after several attempts.
Bugger now I have about 7 miles till home. Best get pushing. Thankfully after 30 mins of sweating there was a hill big enough to try my first ever bump start. It only ****ing worked. Thank ****. It's at that point I realised I'd clipped my helmet under the rear plastic whilst pushing. Poo. Thankfully it started again after being turned off. Queue a quick hoon home! Oh and I then saw 3 SVs. Black 650, White 650, Silver 1000. Did any of you ****ers nod back? No.
Some days you just think, "I wish I'd stayed at home".

SG, I'd advise you not to read the post I've just made in SotD....

Last edited by garynortheast; 19-04-18 at 08:27 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-18, 09:46 AM   #5673
shiftin_gear98

Glad someone a better day than me. Fingers crossed mine is better today.
Gonna chance a sweaty run tonight.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 06:30 AM   #5674
maviczap
Mega Poster

Watching one of our two wheeled brothers overtake a van on a blind bend at the crest of a hill.

I know this bit of road, and it's not somewhere I where I would have even contemplated an overtake.

It wasn't a silly fast overtake, but he wouldn't have any view of traffic coming the other way.

He got away with it this time
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 07:29 AM   #5675
Red ones
Mega Poster

Unfortunate it's that time of year. Suddenly the number of bikes on the road rockets and the heroes appear. The heroes with less road sense and riding ability than they imagine.

Commuting shows it. Leather clad superbike commuters are now out there. I cringe when when they filter at 100mph and rev the nuts off in traffic
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 08:56 AM   #5676
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Watching one of our two wheeled brothers overtake a van on a blind bend at the crest of a hill.

I know this bit of road, and it's not somewhere I where I would have even contemplated an overtake.

It wasn't a silly fast overtake, but he wouldn't have any view of traffic coming the other way.

He got away with it this time
Yeah, the warmer weather brings the nutters out in force - with any road sense they may posses dulled by 6 months non-riding - the beneficiaries will be the ones waiting for an organ transplant.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 09:00 AM   #5677
Chris_SVS

^It's hateful as much as I love seeing bikes out again - having never stopped riding myself I'd say I'm fairly "sharp" and up to speed. 3 weeks or so until the NW200, so everyones a Michael Dunlop
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 11:33 AM   #5678
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Yeah, the warmer weather brings the nutters out in force - with any road sense they may posses dulled by 6 months non-riding - the beneficiaries will be the ones waiting for an organ transplant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
^It's hateful as much as I love seeing bikes out again - having never stopped riding myself I'd say I'm fairly "sharp" and up to speed. 3 weeks or so until the NW200, so everyones a Michael Dunlop
He wasn't a nutter, just bad positioning behind the van, couldn't see the road ahead, and rather than giving a quick blast to get past the van before the brow of the hill, he just bimbled past it, if a car had been coming the other way he'd have had no where to go
Old 21-04-18, 01:02 PM   #5679
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

The cafe at my local Triumph dealer is now closed. Heck of a shame as it did very nice food and was a nice stopping off point when out and about. Even though it is TFEST 2018 this weekend they don't have any catering on the go, so not surprisingly nobody's hanging around to buy anything

I went home instead and Lady Poppy made me a bacon sarnie to make up for it. Hoorah.
Old 21-04-18, 03:13 PM   #5680
maviczap
Mega Poster

More stupid drivers. came of the dual carriage way slip road, and then took the first exit, which is almost a 90 deg bend, bushes on the side of the road, but I see the rear of a tipper van, so slow down, thinking there's someone in front of him.

No the stupid **** has stop on the blind corner to answer his phone!

Lots of traffic come off the dual carriage way at quite a speed, and takes this first exit quite quickly.