SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-05-06, 09:05 PM   #1
doe

Default Shoei helmet

i am off to d far east soon. Anyone want shoei copy. I have seen a few on my travels. China import, they sell sticker seperate. Not sure if it will actually protect though. HEHEHE
Old 04-05-06, 09:09 PM   #2
El Saxo

Default Re: Shoei helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by doe
Not sure if it will actually protect though. HEHEHE

Er, no thanks.
Old 04-05-06, 09:25 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

maybe you could turn one upside down and pot flowers in it. Then hang it by the strap ouside your door like a hanging plant thinggy.

AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 10:51 PM   #4
doe

Not planning to buy one. But Its made me wise up to buying helmets on ebay. Just didn't think there are fake copies out there.
Old 06-05-06, 09:08 AM   #5
JediGoat

Bear in mind that they'll probably be copies of the asian Shoei helmet sizes and shell shape - which is completely different to the ones made for the european market.

They come out a much smaller fit than the ones you can buy here. If you're a medium in euro sizes, you may find that you need to go two sizes bigger or more if you by an asian lid. Same applies to buying imported lids on ebay.

Jo
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-06, 10:28 AM   #6
Toypop

I just got my X-Spirit.

It feels a bit dodgy as its a lot lighter than my budget lids and you can't imagine it offering as much protection.
Old 06-05-06, 10:48 AM   #7
SV650Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toypop
I just got my X-Spirit.

It feels a bit dodgy as its a lot lighter than my budget lids and you can't imagine it offering as much protection.
Weight has nothing to do with protection. In fact less weight can give better protection as it reduces strain on your neck whilst riding or in an accident.

With the new carbon composites used to make helmets the weight have reduced significantly.
Old 06-05-06, 11:00 AM   #8
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

The X Spirit is one of the lightest lids on the market.That's one of it's major selling points so if you bought one you seem to have missed the main advantage.
Old 06-05-06, 12:35 PM   #9
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
maybe you could turn one upside down and pot flowers in it. Then hang it by the strap ouside your door like a hanging plant thinggy.

Like the Dutch do with worn out clogs.
Old 06-05-06, 01:13 PM   #10
Toypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles
The X Spirit is one of the lightest lids on the market.That's one of it's major selling points so if you bought one you seem to have missed the main advantage.
No I think you all mistook what I was saying! I am very happy with it and know it is safe but I am just saying it doesn't feel like it would be safe when you hold it - you just need to have faith I guess!

If you handed it to a layman along with my old Nitro helmet and said one of these cost £300 and the other £50 then they would all bet the Nitro was the £300 job!