SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 12-12-10, 11:28 AM   #4391
Warthog

Default Re: The TV Mini Mehga thread.

What are the interesting developments?
Old 13-12-10, 01:30 PM   #4392
sam anon

It's all known fact now, Renault bought by someone and re-branded as Lotus.

So there'll be two "Lotus" teams, both with black and gold cars!
Old 21-12-10, 02:44 PM   #4393
philbut

I do not like snow any more. motorbikes are not meant to be like a bloody work out...

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=160808
Old 21-12-10, 04:26 PM   #4394
Stig

I've not seen my bike for a couple or months now. I have a strong feeling the Pug is going to fail it's MOT catastrophically in a couple of weeks, so I'll be using the bike regardless of the weather. Not looking forward to it if the weather is going to be anything like it is now.
Old 21-12-10, 05:19 PM   #4395
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
I've not seen my bike for a couple or months now. I have a strong feeling the Pug is going to fail it's MOT catastrophically in a couple of weeks, so I'll be using the bike regardless of the weather. Not looking forward to it if the weather is going to be anything like it is now.
Best get some snow chains for it then mate, because I for one do not want to go out in that kind of weather again. The M40 was sheet ice in places, and I think I came pretty close to loosing it on the A40 in oxfordshire which was even worse. down to 30mph with my hazards on at points. The snowy bit was fun really as the worst you can do is drop it, and at such low speed it doesn't really matter. Just takes a while to get anywhere.

Just been out on my mountain bike round the local nature reserve - now THAT is fun!
Old 21-12-10, 09:09 PM   #4396
sam anon

Hardcore Phil, just be careful! Probably the last time I'll be on here before Christmas and New Year, so have fun all of you!
Old 06-01-11, 11:40 PM   #4397
walkaboutandy

Wow...thats pretty hardcore riding your bike in the snow! I haven't ridden my bike since early November but thats cos I've been enjoying the snow and ice in my new Subaru. 4wd and 250bhp is defo the way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam anon View Post
It's all known fact now, Renault bought by someone and re-branded as Lotus.

So there'll be two "Lotus" teams, both with black and gold cars!
We were partially bought a year ago by a company called Genii and the remaining share owned by Renault was sold to Lotus cars recently. So we are now the only Lotus owned team and the other team has been rebranded Team Lotus cos their owner just bought the name. They are sticking with the green and yellow colours to avoid total confusion but both teams will be running Renault engines next year. Its a bit stupid and a bit of a shame as joe public is going to be well confused next season as to who is who!
Old 07-01-11, 01:02 PM   #4398
Blather

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkaboutandy View Post
Wow...thats pretty hardcore riding your bike in the snow! I haven't ridden my bike since early November but thats cos I've been enjoying the snow and ice in my new Subaru. 4wd and 250bhp is defo the way to go!!

!
was in the snow about 7 " at least in a discovery 3 with stability turned off the other day Ive never seen ANYTHING powerslide so impressively!! 30 yards sideways - awesome! (on a test track of course! )
Old 11-02-11, 01:09 PM   #4399
philbut

I think I am ill. Just caught myself looking at goldwings with tailors on ebay FFS.
Old 11-02-11, 01:39 PM   #4400
sandman

Nothing wrong with that
you are 50 right ?
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote