SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-08-20, 09:55 AM   #8431
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Police too busy being woke and pandering to minorities to do their proper job... Even with video evidence they often can't be 4r5ed...
In my experience the police have been pretty crap round here for atleast the past 5 years. Amongst many other examples, 3 years ago a relative called them for a burglary in progress, I beat the police there by 1h52m and I live further than the nearest police station...and the chap that turned up was keen to point out he was just a fingerprint guy and couldn't wouldn't help with anything else. You can attribute it to whatever's on the news at the moment but I don't think it's correct, there's very little BLM stuff in Sheffield (I'm guessing that's what you were thinking of) and it's been a buckling service for a long time - I'd personally rather they were attending burglaries and violent crime than 'randomly' searching brown folk, but I'm not sure that's even the problem here I think they're either terribly run, underfunded or both.

I got the guy's pathetic ass admitting what he did on video so we'll see what they do with that.

Last edited by Dave20046; 23-08-20 at 10:00 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 02:18 PM   #8432
DJ123
Mega Poster

**** drivers. I decided to go pick some parts up at lunch, and thought i'll take the car it won't be too busy on the roads.
What is a 20 mile round trip, and should be less than half an hour took an hour. One whole hour. Not because of traffic, or roadworks. But due to **** drivers who don't know how a dual carriageway works, or what those numbers in the circle at the side of the road mean. Or how to plan ahead when approaching a junction. Or people who clearly wanted an SUV, got it and now think it'll fall over round every corner and so essentially stop and drive round it at 20mph.
These people are probably the same ones who lane hog on the motorway and were the starting argument for a smart/4 lane motorway. Rather than effectively using the road we had and educating these pi££ poor drivers something called the Highway Code.

If i win the lottery i've decided I want to become a volunteer Policeman or something to start educating these Moron's and fine them. I'd be happy doing traffic offences all day until these Moron's start to get the hint.

/Rant Over.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 04:29 PM   #8433
garynortheast
Mega Poster

^^^^

Wot 'e sed!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 06:27 PM   #8434
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
**** drivers. I decided to go pick some parts up at lunch, and thought i'll take the car it won't be too busy on the roads.
What is a 20 mile round trip, and should be less than half an hour took an hour. One whole hour. Not because of traffic, or roadworks. But due to **** drivers who don't know how a dual carriageway works, or what those numbers in the circle at the side of the road mean. Or how to plan ahead when approaching a junction. Or people who clearly wanted an SUV, got it and now think it'll fall over round every corner and so essentially stop and drive round it at 20mph.
These people are probably the same ones who lane hog on the motorway and were the starting argument for a smart/4 lane motorway. Rather than effectively using the road we had and educating these pi££ poor drivers something called the Highway Code.

If i win the lottery i've decided I want to become a volunteer Policeman or something to start educating these Moron's and fine them. I'd be happy doing traffic offences all day until these Moron's start to get the hint.

/Rant Over.
But they're much safer than you nutters doing 75mph in a 70mph on your motorcycles!
Old 26-08-20, 06:52 PM   #8435
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
But they're much safer than you nutters doing 75mph in a 70mph on your motorcycles!
I'd say they were, if they were actually paying attention to anything on the road . . . . .

My other plan is to buy some Japanese/American Dog of a car, Mad Max esque. Install a nice big, powerful motor and full roll cage, seats, harnesses etc. & use it as a bumper car for those who pull out of junctions without looking. Run it self insured so there's no need to declare anything either.
Slowly but surely will make the roads safer . . .

BMW F800ST
Old 26-08-20, 09:00 PM   #8436
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:

My other plan is to buy some Japanese/American Dog of a car, Mad Max esque. Install a nice big, powerful motor and full roll cage, seats, harnesses etc. & use it as a bumper car for those who pull out of junctions without looking. . . .
If you've not seen it look out for a Tarrantino film called Death Proof. Stuntman Mike's 1970 Chevy Nova sounds right up your street.
Old 26-08-20, 09:28 PM   #8437
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
I'd say they were, if they were actually paying attention to anything on the road . . . . .

My other plan is to buy some Japanese/American Dog of a car, Mad Max esque. Install a nice big, powerful motor and full roll cage, seats, harnesses etc. & use it as a bumper car for those who pull out of junctions without looking. Run it self insured so there's no need to declare anything either.
Slowly but surely will make the roads safer . . .
Haha yep, no idea what's going on around them...but they're doing the speed limit so safe. The kind of people who think they're putting the world to rights by doing 69.5mph in the furthest overtaking lane.

We could probably crowdfund your selfinsurance and medical cover

Last edited by Dave20046; 26-08-20 at 09:30 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 03:36 PM   #8438
maviczap
Mega Poster

Never underestimate the stupidity of stupid people
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 03:43 PM   #8439
Kenzie

https://motor-vision.co.uk/latest-ne...e-bosnian-war/

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-20, 06:11 AM   #8440
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
If you've not seen it look out for a Tarrantino film called Death Proof. Stuntman Mike's 1970 Chevy Nova sounds right up your street.
Sounds like a good starting place to get the Beast built

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Haha yep, no idea what's going on around them...but they're doing the speed limit so safe. The kind of people who think they're putting the world to rights by doing 69.5mph in the furthest overtaking lane.

We could probably crowdfund your selfinsurance and medical cover
Unfortunately down here in the South/South East of England that's the case, or sitting in middle lane/lane 3 of a 4 lane motorway. Personally on those i think European overtaking should be allowed, so those who are driving correctly don't have to move from lane 1 allllllllll the way over to lane 4 to pass some idiot who is a lazy, clueless, selfish Moron.

I think the capital is £100K for a car insurance Bond, so not too bad. Already got private Medical Health Care cover so i'm covered on that front!

BMW F800ST