Demonz

Default Re: Brands Hatch (Indy) - Thursday 2nd July

OK sorted in Intermediates too
Old 21-04-09, 06:59 PM   #22
rigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPPACLART View Post
I have never been to a track day, does that mean I should go into Novice group first? I guess if I am safe enough and too fast they will move me up right?
Yes, and since it Focused they will want you to wear a yellow bib too
Old 21-04-09, 08:00 PM   #23
Cazza

Booked:
1. Cazza (Inters - gulp)
2. Spiderman (Inters too, woo!)
3. Rigor (Inters)
4. TuonoGrant (Inters)

Interested:
1. Grinch (Novice)
2. Pappaclart (Novice)
3. Lucas
4. svsk2 (Inters)
5. Zombie Jesus
6. SoulKiss
Old 22-04-09, 09:37 AM   #24
Lucas

Booked there are now 30 places left

Booked:
1. Cazza (Inters - gulp)
3. Rigor (Inters)
4. TuonoGrant (Inters)
5. Lucas (Novice)

Interested:
1. Grinch (Novice)
2. Pappaclart (Novice)
3. svsk2 (Inters)
4. Zombie Jesus
5. SoulKiss
Old 22-04-09, 03:40 PM   #25
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
I have never been to a track day, does that mean I should go into Novice group first? I guess if I am safe enough and too fast they will move me up right?
Really? I'm always suprised at good comptetant riders who i amsume have done loads of tracks days saying they done none!

I only did my 1st last year at Brands and it was brilliant, so Ryan i'd deffo suggest you come along with us. Yeh they'll want you in Novices 1st but knowing how you ride there is no reason other than satisfying them and yourself by doing it. I still got my yellow bib as i forgot to give it back ahem

Rest of you who aint booked....do it soon, suns out and everyone will be thinking of trackdays now and Brands sellls out real quick. Be great ot have lots os SVs out on the track together. Yes i know...its only me and Lucas on Svs out of those who've booked so far but thats largely irrelevant. Nver lets facts get in the way of a good idea, innit
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-09, 04:38 PM   #26
PAPPACLART

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
Yes, and since it Focused they will want you to wear a yellow bib too

Darn, I have gone undetected, and avoided the 'Crashy Mcgee' Bib despite my 2 crashes last year but now will have to wear a darn bib! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Really? I'm always suprised at good comptetant riders who i amsume have done loads of tracks days saying they done none!

I only did my 1st last year at Brands and it was brilliant, so Ryan i'd deffo suggest you come along with us. Yeh they'll want you in Novices 1st but knowing how you ride there is no reason other than satisfying them and yourself by doing it. I still got my yellow bib as i forgot to give it back ahem

Rest of you who aint booked....do it soon, suns out and everyone will be thinking of trackdays now and Brands sellls out real quick. Be great ot have lots os SVs out on the track together. Yes i know...its only me and Lucas on Svs out of those who've booked so far but thats largely irrelevant. Nver lets facts get in the way of a good idea, innit
I am scared of crashingI just know that no matter how slow I ease myself into track riding, listerning to everybodies advice etc there will come a time when after a while I feel confident and start pushing then come off. I guess I am a typical Male, dumb and thinks he is the fastest on the road!! I can just imagine all those little SV's lapping me, and because I am on a faster bike, I have no excuses...maybe I should not fix my bike, then if I am lapped I can blame my Rear shock, or my bent front fork! lol

Seriously, I really want to come, it will be a great expereince and a fantastic way to learn more about my bike, and safe smooth riding. I think smoothness is exactly where I lack as a rider so a track a day is the perfect way to improve for me.

I am halfway through my B'day budget from the G'friend, the other half will cover the trackday easily mmmm track day...yummy
Old 22-04-09, 07:11 PM   #27
rigor

Just book it!
Old 22-04-09, 07:43 PM   #28
Cazza

Quote:
Seriously, I really want to come, it will be a great expereince and a fantastic way to learn more about my bike, and safe smooth riding. I think smoothness is exactly where I lack as a rider so a track a day is the perfect way to improve for me.
Ryan, I couldn't agree more. It's such a fantastic way to learn about consistency, taking the right line, throttle control etc. There will always be several people in your group faster than you as well as at least one slower.

I'm a bit anxious (but excited too) about doing my first trackday on the TT - but when it comes down to it, my goal is to gain confidence - and if you take things easy and don't treat it like a race against everyone (ie ride with your brain, not your t*sticles) then you'll have a great day. Book it - you won't regret it!

Booked:
1. Cazza (Inters - gulp)
3. Rigor (Inters)
4. TuonoGrant (Inters)
5. Lucas (Novice)

Interested:
1. Grinch (Novice)
2. Pappaclart (Novice)
3. svsk2 (Inters)
4. Zombie Jesus
5. SoulKiss

Coming to watch:
1. alpinestarhero
2. CoolGirl (maybe)
Old 22-04-09, 08:18 PM   #29
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
...Be great ot have lots os SVs out on the track together. Yes i know...its only me and Lucas on Svs out of those who've booked so far but thats largely irrelevant...
I'll be in support! Looking forward to running in the SV-rod.
Old 22-04-09, 08:33 PM   #30
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

You got an SV now Grant? is that it in your avatar mate?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote