SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 14-01-06, 02:29 PM   #1
AlanSv

Default M25 variable speed cameras

Quick question, I thought these cameras were only in use when a speed restriction was in place and the boards were displaying the reduced speed.

But yesterday I got flashed (heading northwards between J10+11) when they werent displaying so 70mph applied.

Anyone ever had a ticket from a camera when normal speed applied? Just wondering if I'll get a summons, or whether it was a misfire.
Old 14-01-06, 05:25 PM   #2
Stig

I always took them to be permanently live. But could be remotely set to trigger at different speeds according to the speed limit at the time. I could be wrong though.
Old 15-01-06, 05:27 PM   #3
Ward8124

I will be interested to hear the outcome of this too as it happened to me today......keep me informed while i sit and sweat it out for a while!
Old 16-01-06, 12:23 AM   #4
atko

From memory guys these camera's are only activated either during variable spped changes or when no speed changes are in place at or above 90mph.

My guess is you were either cooking it the wrong (or right side of 90mph) or it was a misfire.

I must admit I was talking to a 'Traffic' colleague and the above was what I was told. In his experience he's only seen them activate at or above 90mph.

You could always keep up to date on the court battle between the acceptance/accuracy of speed camera readings as evidence of a speeding offence, it may help you out of a sticky patch should you recieve that dreaded request for your license!

Good luck, if you need any more advice re this give me a PM and I'll do some study at work!
Old 16-01-06, 08:20 AM   #5
Mr Toad

I've been flashed several times over the years by these cameras, but luckily nothing has ever come of it. Cross your fingers
Old 17-01-06, 01:03 PM   #6
jambo
Mega Poster

I don't do more than 80 between J10 and J16 cos of those things. Best of luck with it all though.
Old 18-01-06, 04:47 PM   #7
Ward8124

HEART ATTACK!!! Had a letter from the DVLA and thought it was a NIP but thankfully its just them asking me to sort my license out and send it to them.......think i might hang on to it as they might keep it!