SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-03-08, 08:26 AM   #1
Hockeynut

Default Used Bike Prices?

I've tried using parkers and stuff, but they seem useless without being able to put the mileage into the equation. As older bikes with low mileage never seem to come out at what they are advertised at. Is there anywhere online that one can access the same book that dealers have, where it takes into account mileage?

Like a 2002 Bike, with only less than 10k on the clock, isn't reflected in the value.
Old 20-03-08, 08:36 AM   #2
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: Used Bike Prices?

Put up a full description of you bike on here and see what people value it at
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-08, 09:57 AM   #3
Biker_Billy

the value of a bike is only what people will pay for it. Parkers for example to the best of my knowledge doesnt take into account the drop in prices (or demand) for bikes in winter.

I would have thought the best bet is looking at prices of similar bikes in biketrader and mcn, and maybe knock 10% off...

HTH.

BB.
Old 20-03-08, 09:58 AM   #4
neio79

Glasses guide??
Old 20-03-08, 11:03 AM   #5
Hockeynut

I know it's what people will pay for it, market value and all that. But wouldn't want to think I would pay a lot more for something when it's meant to be a lot less. As dealer prices on used bikes can be so inconsistent!

Tried Glasses, but they wanted to charge for their service. So while I'm still browsing I won't bother with them.
Old 20-03-08, 12:54 PM   #6
Steve_God
Mega Poster

I personally have a look on Auto-trader (the bike bit), find all the ones that are of the same age, spec, and mileage, and it'll give you a much better idea of what is actually worth.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-08, 01:28 PM   #7
tranx

After looking thorugh bike trader and ebay your bike is worth between ?1500 and ?1700 based on condition, maybe ?1800 on a really good day. The low milage doesn't mean much as there are plenty of ?10K mile carby SV's out there.