SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 26-06-15, 07:50 PM   #4051
nutzboutbikes

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

I am there for the day time track day!, so if you see a curvy with track fairing painted yellow and white say hello I don't bite.
Old 26-06-15, 08:15 PM   #4052
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Um definitely a folding trailer is a good idea.
It's a pain having mine stuck in the front garden and having a reminder it's only been used once.
A fact the Mrs has a constant visual reminder ....

Last edited by NTECUK; 26-06-15 at 08:17 PM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 09:57 AM   #4053
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutzboutbikes View Post
I am there for the day time track day!, so if you see a curvy with track fairing painted yellow and white say hello I don't bite.
You know what its like - manic rushing about so didn't get a chance to walk the pits or anything. Had a great time eventually after wishing I had booked into inters/fast instead of novice/inters as there were too many muppets falling off and generally getting in the way - quite frustrating! Still I had two good sessions out of the four so it was all good in the end Still no knee down on the Hornet even though I have managed it fairly easily on previous track bikes - need to work on my body position I think! There are two more Snetterton evening dates this year so am tempted to book into them too
Old 02-07-15, 10:43 AM   #4054
maviczap
Mega Poster

I'm no fast rider, but I too found my last Snetterton session was very frustrating with lots of novices falling off or getting in my way.

The sighting lap was the worst I think, as we did 3 instead of 2 laps, and only had time for 2 more laps on that 1st session.

People falling off in the strangest places too.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 10:51 AM   #4055
Skip
Mega Poster

Our first session we did 4 laps in 20 minutes! Some old bloke on a Hornet (not me!) didn't go over about 65-70mph all the way round! Everyone sat behind him as they were obeying the "sighting laps" no-overtaking rule. Soon as we finished the 3rd lap everyone went mad to get past him!

Little Hornet did well but it did get a proper pasting - works fine on track though - fast enough for me to wobble around on and not feel embarrassed
Old 02-07-15, 11:39 AM   #4056
maviczap
Mega Poster

I might try the inters next time, as at least they're not novices and know the score on the track.

I spoke with a guy who's wife was riding an Sv1000 like your old one Skip. I thought at the time it would be a bit of a handful for her, as she was smaller than me!

I was proved correct as I passed her more than once in the sessions, even on the straight she wasn't giving it the beans.

You don't need a big bike to have fun round there, I was passed a couple of times by a bloke on the little GSXR400
Old 02-07-15, 07:27 PM   #4057
nutzboutbikes

I don't class myself as a fast rider but ride in the inters group on my sv650, I feel like I get in the way a bit on the straights but I can hold my own around the wiggly bits just about!, I find it is a much better experience in the inters group and would highly recommend trying it, just beware there are some very fast people in inters.
Old 02-07-15, 07:32 PM   #4058
maviczap
Mega Poster

Same here, but at least they are reasonably competent?
Old 22-07-15, 11:04 AM   #4059
Skip
Mega Poster

So quiet in here! Everyone managing to get some miles in? I have been using the bike a lot lately for all sorts of general running around. Had a mission to "use up" the rest of my old back tyre as I booked it in for a new one a couple of weeks ago - managed over 400 miles in one week just using the bike for all my social events - was quite fun fitting all my R/C car racing equipment in my tank bag one night and then another riding home after midnight after a night out with some friends Enjoyed it so much that since the new tyre went on I have continued to make the most of the nice weather and have been piling on the miles rather than using the cage where it was more convenient.
Old 22-07-15, 11:11 AM   #4060
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Yes its been a very nice few weeks on the east side of the country

I've been using the xrx for work commute only because I have to get the zx6r mot done.
With mum's endless supply of jobs on the house, puppies I've not been able to do any different routes for ages.