SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-12-12, 08:33 PM   #1
leebex

Default long term unemployed to get vouchers.

Yet again were hearing from the government how it wants to tackle long term unemployment, this time the idea is get paid in food vouchers and not cash, too bloody right.

My chavvy brother in law is 21, had about 2 jobs since leaving school, that each lasted about a week at most and has no intention of working, he makes no effort to get a job, my wifes sorted him with interviews and jobs to phone about, but hes not interested.

And now just got himself the must have chav accessory, a staffie to go with his knock off burberry gear. For him Id so love for these vouchers to come in.

Or national service, that might give him the kick up the **** he needs!!
Old 19-12-12, 08:37 PM   #2
widepants

Default Re: long term unemployed to get vouchers.

So are we talking about people on JSA or people on income support .......there is a MASSIVE differance
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 08:40 PM   #3
maviczap
Mega Poster

easy tiger

yes, it isn't right is it and it needs to be sorted out some how, but without hurting the needy and under privileged

I'd also like more controls on Staffie ownership, as it is the dog of choice of the Chav
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 08:49 PM   #4
leebex

The needy definately deserve help, the bums who dont want to work should`nt get any help. I thought people were supposed to get just enough to get by, so how some afford nice holidays and decent cars I`ll never know.

Dont know if its true, but I was told the other day, unemployed people with a dog get a seperate benefit as a dog owner. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 19-12-12, 08:50 PM   #5
Spank86

I don't think they're talking actual paper vouchers, think the idea is to have a credit card style thing loaded with the money but one where you can't buy rubbish with it.
Old 19-12-12, 08:53 PM   #6
leebex

sorry spank, yeah realised that lol, that would be a bit like a ww2 ration book, lol
Old 19-12-12, 08:56 PM   #7
widepants

I know someone who told me they get money for dog food , but not seen the proof
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 08:58 PM   #8
Bri w

Vouchers or a loaded card is just plain wrong. They'll sell the vouchers or card and still have the money to waste down the pub. Just give them less money... and a card is just another (expensive) mechanism that needs managing that the tax payer will pay for. There is a system in place, it just needs managing better.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:04 PM   #9
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

This was brought up in parliament, by One MP. The government, as far as I am aware, aren't talking about giving vouchers to people claiming JSA.

The benefits bill is something stupid like 165 billion a year, and only 3% or some tiny figure, of that big bill, is actually JSA benefits.

Not all Staffie owners are chavs. I own a Staff cross, I don't wear burberry, I aren't on benefits, and I ain't no flippin chav!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 09:06 PM   #10
Jackie_Black

The idea is to make it so they can't spend money on peeve, tabs and sky tv according to radio 2 today. Also they were mainly targeting feckless losers according to the same show. Sounds ideal, People on long term benefits for being ill and pensioners are not affected.

It's very close to being a good idea as it means people who spend all my tax on booze instead of feeding their children can't, genius. It'll therefore never happen.