SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Suits Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 25-02-07, 12:12 PM   #1
Alpinestarhero

Default Back Protector

Following on from an earlier thread this.

Me and Maria (Miss Alpinestarhero) are going to by back protectors soon, but we want some advice on brands to go for. Obviously we'll try them on, see what fits best etc, but we wanted other peoples take on whats good and bad out there.

I was going to get Knox armour back protectors; any particular model I should go for? The roll-up one looks convinient for me, but is it as protective as the other non-roll-up one avaliable?

And what of alpinestars back protection? (i trust alpinestars with my life, but the prices are steep..). Maria has the bonus of being able to slip a back protector into the pocket on the back of her jacket, so what would be best for her?

Any advice welcome folks,

Matt (and Maria)
Old 25-02-07, 08:41 PM   #2
kitkat

Default Re: Back Protector

im going to try on a few at the scottish bike show in a couple of weeks. so i will be able to offer some advice for your good lady not you im afraid. any other ladies out there wishing to offer me a few names of protectors to start with i will be grateful
Old 26-02-07, 07:51 PM   #3
Alpinestarhero

Thats ok! In my mind she is more important than me, i would rather spend my money protecting her than myself, since i protect myself through careful riding and know that if I push harder, I'll only hurt myself...

Matt
Old 26-02-07, 07:54 PM   #4
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
Thats ok! In my mind she is more important than me, i would rather spend my money protecting her than myself, since i protect myself through careful riding and know that if I push harder, I'll only hurt myself...

Matt

awww bless
Old 26-02-07, 11:34 PM   #5
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

I would go with Forcefield - was recommended it by Kate from here.

Planning on getting one of these http://www.tprobodyarmour.co.uk/back...ctor_sport.asp in the near future, as well as a few bits and pieces.

Aparently they do a display at shows involving a glass display cabinet, a piece of their armout and a steel ball-bearing......

David
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 08:04 PM   #6
Alpinestarhero

Have you seen the display?

And where can I go to try one of these on soulkiss?

Matt
Old 22-03-07, 06:36 PM   #7
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
im going to try on a few at the scottish bike show in a couple of weeks. so i will be able to offer some advice for your good lady not you im afraid. any other ladies out there wishing to offer me a few names of protectors to start with i will be grateful

have you found anything, am also intersted (am female!!)
Old 22-03-07, 06:51 PM   #8
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
have you found anything, am also intersted (am female!!)
me too
Old 24-03-07, 09:55 AM   #9
kitkat

no sorry didnt go to bike show and now having to sell bike so not really in the market for back protector
Old 24-03-07, 10:12 AM   #10
rictus01
Mega Poster

One bit of advice,make sure it's comfortable, I've got two one's a dianise articulated plastic full length race one, great protection, in fact I don't think you could get better , but is only really comfortable when bent right over on the bike in "going for it" mode, not that good when sitting up.

the other is a knox stowaway (yeah the roll up one) it's actually my second, very comfortable and works very well (Turst me I know).

If I didn't have the Knox I'd probably not use the other day to day and only on "proper rideouts".

use this maxim " the best back protector is the one you wear"

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote